Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Police took an ounce of hash oil I am going to try and get it back

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by RonaldBilius, Oct 24, 2014.

1. #21 UnsuspiciousUsername, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    Medical patients.
    In a legal state.

This could be interesting. From what I've been seeing, judges rule in favor of patients now. Good luck; keep us updated. Let your lawyer do the work, if you already hired him. The less you talk and probe, the better; counsel should know what he's/she's doing. 

Edit:
    This was a story I remember reading-
    The Colorado Court of Appeals ruled Thursday that a 4th Judicial District judge was correct to order Colorado Springs police to return more than 60 pounds of pot to a man who was acquitted at trial of drug charges.

[​IMG]+ caption
    Attorneys for Robert Crouse say the victory adds teeth to a pending lawsuit against the city over the destruction of Crouse's marijuana, which they say spoiled while in police custody - a loss of up to $300,000 worth of what Crouse, who has cancer, calls his medicine.

Edit 2:
    My roommate and I are getting the same lawyer and we are going to fuck up the police department at least try too for them neglecting when my roommate got the shit hit out of him by some crack head with a baseball bat they are about to get sued. It was some hood ass shit. Some random dude started swigning a bat at him out of the blue and the police found him on the ground and arrested him instead of calling an ambulance.

What the hell are you talking about. I must have misread. No you dunce. You take them to court for taking your legal property and medication. If that's the issue, then THAT'S what you deal with. Not for some random thing that happened with a bat. That case sounds sketchy. Your dab case has real material though, and it doesn't seem the cops had much to go on. Good luck. 

Yeah man I went and talked to them and the police department is supposed to call me back. Apparently they fucked up with paperwork or something and I may be able to just walk away with my hash and not get a ticket. They have to get back to me. Some police are fucking idiots. I showed them my paperwork at the station and explained what happened and they said I should be able to get it back eventually. lol I need dabs know though.... I have work to go to.

3. Awesome. Sounds good. Hopefully you don't have to waste any money on counsel at all. I would have thought a year in by now that these Washington cops knew the know-how already. Oh well.

4. #24 RonaldBilius, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
    They called me back and I get to pick up the 27 gram slab of shatter they fucked up and can't find the paperwork for the incident.

time to get those oils back :bongin:

My town is so weed friendly I think those cops were just trying to hassle me

5. Congrats man, I'm sure that's relieving.

6. God...you have no idea how much this makes me hate Florida right now. 

Oh for sure, they said not to worry and gave me back the oil. It wasn't that big of a deal. They caught a guy in my town growing 2,000+ plants over limit and all they did was cut the grow down to regulation and left the legal amount of bud

8. #28 seadaddy, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
    So here is my question. I understand that I am in my 40s and may be to old to understand your need to have a party that got so loud that the neighbors called the police. First I smoke and I would be the first to call you and your friends out if your party was fucking with my zen. I should anyone have to listen to that bullshit in their home. Second any cop regardless if he is typically a fascist or not is going to buy the fact that the "whole house" was medicating even if you have cards... You were parting and you were distributing even if it was gifting. Maybe I am old but I have never NEVER been even approached by a cop over weed. Card or not I keep my medical use private. Look at it this way....if you a a script for an opiate and so did your friends and you were passing out pills.....destribution of an controlled substance. Just because you have a card does not mean you do not have to act responsible. Even your title sounds a little on the immature side....cops took my oil and I am going to get it back.... Sounds like a toddler in a way. I am not blasting you but I would recomend changing your attitude and the way yiu look at your card does get you into bigger issues. I am glad it worked out for you and you got your shit back. It could have been bad.

9. Was the oil out in the open on a bar with the bong when the cops walked in? In other words did the non card holders have access to the oil. If so you put yourself in a position for a distribution charge. If you get a pass you are very lucky. Cards don't and will not protect you from felony charges.

10. burn em out!

11. That's honestly what I thought, too. Thinking to myself "oh fuck.. OP is gonna try some super troopers shit"

Seriously though man. That really sucks. An ounce of oil is a shit load. But just like everyone else has said, it's pretty much gone since the police assumed you were distributing :( . Only thing I can think of is just talking to a lawyer.

12. So did you want ideas for killing your neighbors?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. That's fucked op good luck

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

14. lol "My Medicine".

15. Good post here.

How can all these people convince the cops they are medicating if they are having a party at their house smoking? Some people just need to admit they were just smoking to get high.

How many times do you hear about people having parties for their prescription medications?

Tl;DR If your going to be telling the cops it's medical then don't be having 20 people at your house smoking that is so obvious 

What? haha it wasn't a party to get high and not everyone was smoking. It was a birthday party and I happened to smoke some hash which is legal for me to do with my medical conditions. My Dr. recommended I use cannabis so why the hell is that illegal? My roommates are the only ones that can function at a party after dabbing and we all have qualifying medical conditions. I broke my back and have lots of nerve damage. We can smoke in our home if we want to. I can grow pot in my home if I want to and i know what the hell is happening to the stuff i smoke. I have had police come through my house since a guy that was blacked out thought he lived at my house the police saw the garden and they didn't do a thing when the paper work was up since its LEGAL for me to do so.

They can tell me to quiet down but they can not take my cannabis. I am smoking it right now because they fucked up and weren't supposed to take it.

17. We aren't arguing over whether or not you are allowed to use cannabis. 

We are just saying it's hard to convince people medical marijuana is legit when people (with cards) (not including you) have smoking parties.

18. I don't know about your situation with your friend being mugged but as far as the oil, youa nd your friends who all have the required paperwork were legally allowed to enjoy that oil and had that taken away from you. They used whatever charge they could "reasonably" attach to your case as fast as possible, and dist. would be busted up the second it became a communal "pool" of weed/oil/hash, that you all as roomates and patients contribute to. I feel like that would knock off dist. And oil is legal medically. I don't know what the other poster is talking about, you have a decent case here. I mean I wouldn't expect millions/or even unfortunately your stuff back, but I do think they'd drop any charges/citations. Though, your case is still good because it represents an unfairness occuring right now in our world, and I'd make it a point to spread that story perhaps with any local pro-weed org. you can find.

19. #39 seadaddy, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014

Not the issue. Read all the post. I was the first to call him out and no the cop did not just make up some bullshit. As a cardholder you look at your herb as prescription drugs and you treat it with such responsibility. You would not just leave out pain meds why do this with weed? OP said he sat up a Dap bar meaning oil and bong setting out with non card holders walking around it. He says no non-cardholders smoked but I can tell you a cop sees a party open Dab bar large amounts of oil with a large group of card holders (medicating) partying with prescription meds.... Ummm ya going to be an issue. People want to be dumb about their cards and push the limits and wonder why bullshit like this happens.

20. Lol everyone from illegal states can't believe it, they are being so rude. My homegirl had a half pound taken from her car and she got a court order from a judge and picked it up from the police station and told the cops fuck you lmao. She was a caregiver for a cancer patient and had all her paperwork in order.

In your case it's all about the paperwork and if anyone voluntarily supplied information. It's worth a shot IMHO