The nature of self

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by pickledpie, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Yes, not so complicated. The Buddha would say that, the concept of not-self brings us better insight into our experience. We unconsciously assume the self at all times unless we have cultivated a better understanding of our nature. Often times we don't know the root of our emotions and we get caught up in their flow. Not-self is an idea and perspective that supersedes our normal way of seeing through the ego. It means to have a clearer and more steadfast vantage point. When we experience our emotions, we aren't under their control, we simply see them and their cause. That is the point of developing this insight. It is natural and proper to do away with unnecessary concepts. It means having a clearer and more basic experience and discarding the clutter of unnecessary filters through which we view it.

It's funny you should say that, because whenever I read your posts I think of ungrateful monkeys and peanuts. Get wiser, you might be able to see enlightenment.

3. #83 левша, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    I wouldn't say I'm a slave to my emotions. I would not let myself get caught in wave, I allow it to flow on through my legs. The closest to angry I get is when I'm a bit frustrated that I'm getting frustrated. I understand everything that goes on is miniscule and find it simple to look forward.
    Love will always steal me though, and I'm okay with that. I like that part of me. I understand what you are saying now, and I already hold a similar way only I myself would understand. Thank you for the insight.
    I'm very young. A lot of controversy within my mind I shut back, on top of deep states of mind colliding between the ground level conciousness. I'm in between you see? But I have experienced the void of infinity.. Psychedelics are a beautiful thing sir.

4. As much as there is a universe that we talk about. There is a greater universe that we do not talk about.

Your body is the universe.

Your body is the vibrating of the naad. Do some research if you want answers.

5. Very good points, think I'll roast a few bowls and reflect on this. Thanks for sharing your views!