Glass on Glass vs. Rubber Grommet

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Chris617, Oct 24, 2014.

1. It seems everyone prefers glass on glass, but what are its advantages over a bong with a rubber grommet instead?

2. Well imo glass on glass provides much better airflow and offers a wider variety of bowls to hit from.  Have 3 gong bongs and 3 grommets, grommets never get used. 

3. The grommet on my acrylic bong works just fine.

4. I'm looking for a JBD original with sticker mothership. Please contact me if u have any u are willing to part with, I'm seeking a rubber grommet cause there's nothing like the hot and feel like that old school JBD I've tried both even had the first JBD convered in to glass on glass back in 2003 and it still didn't have the same kind of hit

5. Don't know if there is any advantages aside from aesthetics. All my grommet bongs have glass stem/slide/ash catcher so there is no difference really.

6. It creates a better seal. Glass on glass is awesome and also has much more options in terms of attachments and bowls and converters and all that Shit!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. G on G is most def superior. Rubber grommets are a pain in the ass if your trying to find diffuser stems or ashcatchers. Also the grommets can get all old and nasty and start to tear on you and shit. I have a rubber grommet bong and i bought a converter just so i would use it more often.

8. But you seem to be stuck in the 70/80s acrylic is gross and never as good as glass. To each their own though.

Sent directly from my mind

9. At least I don't mix it with tobacco.

10. I hear ya, haven't actually seen a spliff since like 2002. Lol

Sent directly from my mind

11. Funny I this was mentioned. I prefer G on G for pure weed, but when I mix with tobacco (which I usually do, which makes alot of you cringe) I use a grommet.

Sent from my ST26a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. are you clumsy or have reckless friends who don't give two shits about your belongings? Then get acrylics. If not then GoG all the way.

13. Haha I have a buddy who favors spliffs over everything

Seriously though, g on g is tops