whats wrong with america

Discussion in 'Politics' started by soundbombing0, Oct 23, 2014.

Believe it or not, I'm an Independent. I'm much more of a pragmatist than anything having to do with this idiotic Conservative - Liberal dichotomy. It's frustrating. All I ever seem able to do is vote for dooshbags in order to hinder even dooshier dooshbags from being able to fuck shit up on an even grander scale than they're already doing.

2. #62 SlowMo, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
    I appreciated the Lincoln reference. I understand your point. But at least Lincoln apparently had some integrity, appreciated honesty, and could define right and wrong beyond merely whatever it takes to maintain and ultimately gain more power.

Secondly, the Vietnam war was initially built on deliberate deceit, and that war wasn't unique in that m.o. - e.g. Spanish American War - "remember the Maine", etc. If you think that our mid-60s bullshit artists, having gotten us into that war and then having lost it for nothing, had little effect upon the nation other than 58,000+ dead, then I think you better try to picture in your head the extreme "establishment vs. the people"  hatred and open street warfare that those politicians and their war spawned. Not to mention the long term psychological impact the war had on the millions of young peeps that were forced by law to fight there.  [2,594,000 personnel served within the borders of South Vietnam. Jan. 1, 1965 - Mar. 28, 1973] 

The stigma and stench of "Vietnam" draped a black cloth over the nation through the 70s and early 80s - even up until 1990 when we were able to recover some sense of dignity during and after the 1st Gulf War. 

My point is, when Americans elect particularly tunnel visioned, unwise, incompetent bullshitters and con artists, it's only natural that unhealthy (and sometimes deadly) consequences should follow. And given the mental states and objectives of both the Democratic and Republican parties, and the fact that we just keep swinging back and forth between these two dinosaurs ad nauseum, leads me to conclude that they'll continue to put the nation into further levels of jeopardy with their idiotic policies and pursuits.

An incompetent crew has taken more than one ship to the bottom. But our mortal enemies, whether human, ideological, microbial, economic, or whatever threatens our well-being, seem quite focused in their destructive purposes. The only thing our leaders seem focused on is how to make dysfunctional, counter-productive policies appear like they were grand successes. The press helps them in those propaganda efforts.

3. We are also humans in nature.

4. theres a good chance ill vote rand paul repub party

5. #65 ChristopherABrown, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    If you'ld had read the "gemstone papers", the problem with the MIC would be even more obvious considering the facts you have stated.