whats wrong with america

Discussion in 'Politics' started by soundbombing0, Oct 23, 2014.

1. #21 Old School Smoker, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
    Ok, i'll admit it's me. I am the problem.

Oh wait...that's for GC not America.......

2. #22 gumisgood, Oct 24, 2014
    from on outsiders perspective..

you all aren't very nice. very vindictive. very racist. preoccupied with money. cocky, not confident. too many homeless people here, and no one cares. people get shot, and no one cares. cops abuse power. i'm sure you've heard it all before. obsessed with rank and power. you all must be #1.

but plenty of good things too...

good social mobility. easy to make money. lots of opportunities. good research. good higher education. 

nowhere is perfect. better place than most..better than where i'm from, for sure..

you all are obsessed with what is wrong with america a lot too...we wish we had your problems. most y'all are very lucky.

3. Nothing americas just got a different swag

4. You shouldn't listen to Tue news

Most Americans aren't like that at all

-yuri

5. i'm talking from experience...i don't even know what you mean by "Tue news"...

those are my thoughts...and no, a lot of americans are just like that. 

but that's just my experience...

just the other day i was at the bus stop and there was a grown man eating from the garbage in front of us. i looked around and saw 7 or 8 people just watch this guy eat from the trash...i was like, are you serious right now? 

so i went over there and gave him some food. america is so cold sometimes...man. not that where i'm from is better, it's actually way worse. but still..

how are you going to watch your fellow man just eat from the garbage...and be ok with it? that's the america i see everyday...not the america on the news. the america i see with my eyes can be so cold. 

that said...i'm not trying to be overly critical...i am half american after all...and like i said, there are plenty of good thing about america and over all i'm sure america is up there in terms of how good a place can be...

6. Which tribe do you belong to?

7. #27 gumisgood, Oct 24, 2014
    lol

bukusu, patrilineally..

do you have a tribe?

8. yes.....wherethefuqarewe

9. #29 bubba ho-tep, Oct 24, 2014
    Everything!... Future Generation's are going to look back at us and wonder what the fuck we're we thinking.
    the same way as we look at the Egyptians for worshipping stars. Though i personally think they knew more than we ever will.

Short and simple america has no unity. We're all separated.
    Whether it be religion, politics,
    Or your job title. Its engrained from birth that it's everyman for himself,
    And it shouldn't be like that.
    I cant even wave at a fucking stranger without getting a look like mind your own business. Its fucking ridiculous.

10. Not even going there lol

11. Smoke a nice L and chill bro

X •Smoke good kush• X

Yuri, your auto-correct is showing :)

13. That's because there are those kind of people in every city of America. Almost everytime I go shopping, there is someone panhandling at the entrance of the store. People begging on freeway exits. There was a study on this, and some reports indicate that some homeless people making a living off of begging. Some up to a $1000 a week (which I personally find hard to believe). I have given away hundreds of dollars in my lifetime to the homeless. I lived on the streets a short time myself collecting recycables from trash cans so I could eat.
      If I see what looks like a mal-nourished person with a sign that says "hungry", my heart goes out to them. They are not asking for money. They are starving. That is not allowed in my book as far as USA culture is concerned. Nobody should ever go hungry in this country. I read an article in the paper the other day about a vagrant that wandered onto a grape farm (they were wine grapes too...yuk!) and he was eating them. The owner called the police. When they discovered he was just trying to stay alive, the owner dropped the charges, bought him new clothes, offered a shower and gave him a 4 course meal fit for a king. That's America.

14. Political parties that don't give a damn about the long term health of the country. They are only concerned with getting their party in control. 
    We are caught up in a war of extream ideologies and no real common sense.

15. #35 ChristopherABrown, Oct 24, 2014
    Delete

16. All true, but the reason it us allowed to happen against the peoples interests is the people have been made afraid of the truth of their past.

That truth is then used in secret collusion to slowly install tyranny.

The truth, missing from American life, used properly, makes life very different, exciting and fulfilling. But the inreasonable fears must be overcome first.

17. #37 ChristopherABrown, Oct 24, 2014
    The political parties were created to mislead and enable a takeover of America.

Reading letters between Washington and Jefferson will find dissatisfaction and worry about the development of political parties and their leading away from constitutional principals.

For this reason, Article 5 and its statement of "constitutional intent" is the proper and functional refocusing tool of change.

The people must learn to define constitutional intent. Unfortunately the same forces that slowly imposed political parties, are now imposing cognitive infiltration upon American society covertly to create confusion and Americans are then easily led into entertaining sensational issues with empty complaint and non functional specultation

18. 1.  The presidential post has become a dictatorship position.  (of course the prez still just works for big biz and unnamed richy riches both foreign and domestic)

2.  Our colleges have turned into scams, and are hell bent on churning out even bigger dum dums every year. Liberal Arts Degree?!  Art Majors?!? I didn't know you needed a degree to work at Pottery Barn.

3.  Red tape.  Go try starting a buisness, you will find out what I'm talking about.

4.  Stupid laws.  eherm, still can't grow MJ in most states, and even if you can you have to claim some bullshit (ussually) medical excuse to.  (everyone should be able to access it, not just those claiming to be sick.)

5.  Bureaucrats. OLCC, FDA, NSA, FEMA, CDC...  And all those local ones that make it impossible to cut down a tree in your front yard. 

6. Courts.  Crooked as fudge.

OK, I'm bored of listing, my point is we have a bunch of corrupt people telling us what is just, and it just aint so.  Then we have a bunch of stupid people who buy their bull.

19. Yeah I was born here and desperately want to earn money and leave this country.

I'd give my left testicle for citizenship in switz.

20. I.don't even know what Tue means but my.phone swears its a word, and apperently.I'm.more likely to.be typing Tue than the

-yuri