Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarboxolating weed before smokong

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by RyanLueders, Oct 23, 2014.

1. I was smoking decarbed weed and I noticed something the cherry of ash stays there longer... I don't have weed now to test this theory are their any benefits or downsides to declaring your weed before smoking it aside from the wonderful smell it makes.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 Infinite Experience, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
    Decarboxylating your weed is kinda pointless unless you're using it for edibles, tinctures etc. Because essentially, you're decarboxylating it when you're smoking. Basically what it does is turns non-psychoactive THCA into psychoactive THC, which is why you can't get high from just eating the buds alone.

3. What if u wanna roll a j with a slow burn

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Well if you like what it does, then keep doing it, by all means. I'm just saying in the whole scheme of things, it's kinda pointless to decarboxylate if you're just going to smoke.

5. You could find papers that burn slower and work on your rolling skills. How you roll greatly affects how fast it burns.

6. That's kind of pointless. When you decarb weed you do it for edibles-mostly. as someone else mentioned, decarboxylating weed turns non active thc into active thc so you can ingest it rather than smoke it. There's no benefit in terms of your high to decarb it prior to smoking.

If you want a joint to burn slower you can buy different papers, roll the jay tighter(maybe?), or you can do something I've seen before but haven't tried- you can put a thin layer of honey on the jay, it acts similar to wax and will prolong the joint. But I having a slower burning joint isn't really beneficial. Imo. I feel like if you don't put "in my opinion" then you get these hardasses who have to be right and say how wrong you are

7. The reason it's staying lit longer after you decarb is because you dried it up when heating it. There's no need to. Use hempwick though