My PC grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Snoop doge, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Quick update:

Sadly the leaves are still dying and I'm not sure if it will spread to the whole plant ... I messed up big time transplanting it without even looking up how to and made so many mistakes. I've had a little talk with a fellow grower and came to the conclusion that I'm going to put her into flower as soon as I can.

After this grow has either finished or died off I shall start over again with a clone from this current plant, sad times :(

I feel as if I've failed but atleast I tried right? 

2. Sorry to hear that, what did you do vs what you were supposed to do?

And hey, sometimes they bounce back, ya never know.

3. #43 kofidog, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
    That's right, Snoop. Chalk it up to experience that has potentially made you a better gardener. So don't give up! Man, between last year and this year I've started about 4 grows and this is the first time I've gotten as far as I have. My first couple of grows, my girls died on me before they even got into the veg stage. Still not exactly sure why. Then my next grow was overrun with fungus gnats (in organic soil) which seemed to stunt my babies. Now this grow (coco coir/perlite) the girls are doing well so far. Let's keep out fingers crossed!

4. Hey brother, as i told you in pm its most likely rootbound due to being an indica dominant strain.

Since rootbound often presents as a cal/mag deficiency (which is two deficiencies btw, calcium being rust spots, and magnesium being intraveinal chrlorisis, like yours is doing), you can try to fix the issue with something cheap and available like black strap unsulphured molasses wihich contains magnesium. Most people prefer to do an epsom salt foliar feed (spraying the leaves) using epsom salt (magnesium sulfate (magnesium and sulphur-sulphur helps break down plant matter into more readily absorbable matter) at 1/2, 1, or 2 teaspoons per gallon depending on severity.

I tend to water with a tsp or two per gallon of black strap unsulphured molasses because its beneficial to both fungi and bacteria in the soil. :)

5. Would it be okay to use molasses in a coco/perlite medium?

6. Some people do. Ive never grown coco/perlite. But if its anything at all like hydro, it can clog lines so thats the only downside. But other than that cant go wong :smoke:

7. Hi snoop sad to hear about your plant. I know that feel...  :(
    See it positive: you have learned a lot and are better prepared for next grows!
    :metal:  :metal:

8. Well today I got some more nutes just incase it is some deficiency and it's time to ride the storm. I'm not going to give up on her ... If I just give up there's 100% chance I won't get anything but If I try and hope for the best well I might get a little something :)

She seems to still be growing really fast though so I'll just keep a close eye on her and see what happens. I am kinda following pokesmot's advice though :p

Thanks everybody for you messages though, I really appreciate everybody who's trying to help  :love:

9. What's up dudes and dudettes. Just a quick update to tell you that I'm going to stick her into flowering tomorrow when I receive my new lightbulbs. The leaves seemed that were dying seemed to have either really slowed down or just stopped which is a great sign I guess, she's still going into flowering stage though ...

Might need to have to discuss seeds with pokesmot as I kinda want a more ''exotic'' plant next time rather than OG Kush. Pictures will come soon :)

10. Great news snoop! Nice to hear your grow is back on track  :hello:
    What lights did you order?

11. Nice snoop, glad shes improving, i just switched to flower myself :smoke:

12. Hey Snoop, no updates?

13. :poke:

^SEE what grasscity thinks of me? I get my own emoticon....... :lol:

Not sure if thats a good thing or not XD

Oh well, snoop you alive? :pOKE:

14. Day 31:

Hey guys,

Although after smoking so much last night and feeling like I was paralised, I thankfully did not die but thanks for your concerns. Back to the journal after spending a week and a bit from not posting as I was on a little holiday with my friend  :hello: 

She seems to be doing absolutely fine haha! I don't even need to do anything anymore really apart from water her which is good because I can become lazy sometimes :/ The leaves on the bottom of her are still burnt like hell but they haven't gotten any worse since I consulted some of the experts which is weird as the plant is still growing at an outstanding speed. 

I also have put her into 12/12 about 8 days ago? So that was thursday last week and it's just amazing how fast they grow once put into flowering ... This plant is so damn bushy (you can't really see the fully bushiness in the photos) but she's almost grown a whole new set of branches and leaves in the time she's been flowering which is good I guess? Please tell me if I'm wrong. She's so big the leaves are hitting the side of the server case and bending into a 90 degree angle which isn't a bad thing because plants get lst'ed and go through alot more stress than that so I'm not worried about it.

My carbon filter is still working pretty well but after coming back from the week of holiday I could smell it a tiny bit in my room but it's not a problem because now that I'm back in business I'll open the window everyday so no smell atall. Wondering how stealthy this grow really is? Well 2 of my housemates sat on my bed RIGHT next to the box practically touching it and couldn't hear it, smell it or see any light ... That's just so reassuring.

If anybody is wondering what my feeding/watering schedule is: water, water, feed, water, water, feed! Easier to ovderfeed than burn the plant. (schedule suggested by my good friend pokesmot247)

Here is my girl in day 8 of flowering!   C360_2014-11-21-16-24-59-930.jpg C360_2014-11-21-16-24-33-106.jpg C360_2014-11-21-16-24-23-295.jpg C360_2014-11-21-16-23-10-813.jpg

And this is her about 18 days ago? Something like that. 
    C360_2014-11-06-13-39-07-607 (1).jpg

So guys, although I'm going to check everybodys journals out anyway, how's it going? How are the grows?? I know a couple of people on here have recently just switched to flowering and i'm quite excited to see the journals :)

15. #58 Snoop doge, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
    Quick question, as I'm so lazy and don't actually know how to tell can somebody tell me if my plant is a boy or a girl? Bit of a stupid question so late into the grow lol ... Sorry if the pictures are shit.

C360_2014-11-21-17-16-52-369 - Copy.jpg C360_2014-11-21-17-17-12-474 - Copy.jpg C360_2014-11-21-17-17-31-386 - Copy.jpg C360_2014-11-21-17-18-46-520.jpg

16. Lookin good snoop! :)

The lower leaves that are damaged wont recover, but its no big deal if shes growin great!

Looks female so far!

[​IMG]

17. I'll just leave the lower leaves on until the end unless the do something really stupid that compromises the whole grow like catch fire or explode haha  :laughing:  :laughing: 

But I think she's a girl so far. Smells sooooooo strong, much stronger than other plants i've seen in the past. SO strong