Weird color on the leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by raebild, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Hey!
    This plant has been looking weird for a while now.
    It's growing in a homemade ebb and flow system, being watered every 6 hours for 15 minutes each.
    I use hensi hydro veg fertilizer, but nearly nothing since i have fresh seedlings growing from the same setup.
    To me it looks like it needs more fertilizer, which would make sense, but i obviously can't feed it anymore without killing the seedlings.
    Anyway it could be something else, i'm definetly a rookie ;)

Please take a look at the attached photo, and thanks in advance ;)

Attached Files:

2. that's a sign of a deficiency

3. #4 nonfiction, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
    maybe potassium? maybe magnesium? maybe zinc

honestly idk im no expert but look up pics of those deficiencies and see which most resembles your plant until someone better answers :p

4. i think you're gonna run into real big problems with that grow method though, one plant is going to finish earlier than the rest and the roots might get all tangled then you have rotting roots in your system, idk the whole thing seems iffy to me, i learned early if you're not an expert keep 1 plant per pot so if one goes bad the whole crop isnt ruined.. any chance you could turn that ebb flow system into DWC? obviously would be more work but probably better for learning, and for catering to each specific plants needs, one system is really good when you're using something like clones when every plant starts and finishes at same time, and has the same appetite for food lol but idk i'd reconsider if i was you!

5. #6 clarebearr, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014