Distribution of Wealth

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by laxking420, Oct 23, 2014.

1. None of this has anything to do with the "disappearance of the middle class". Which is hard to even gauge due to the ambiguity of what the middle class is.

2. Be nice.  All FNC fans know who the VP is which is much better than the norm.  If there's a 19 year old raised by Fox he'll be one of the brightest kids around.  Most just watch the thing in their hand.

What's the point of knowing facts like the VP's name if it all falls under a heavily biased ideology.

4. #24 Cactus Ed, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
    I don't understand your point. I think we all have our biases, eh?  That's no reason to be ignorant too.

As for the thread topic I don't see that it matters if others are rich or which country may have the strongest economy.  What matters is if you are or are not happy, and you can be happy and poor unless someone's telling you you're a victim and that you're being played for a sucker.  Success is measured in many ways.  If it's economic stability you want then prepare yourself for a position that gives you that.  Don't take out $50,000 in student loans for a career in a field in which you can't even pay your bills.  I didn't borrow for your education so don't ask me to pay your loan off.  You took the money and spent it.  Seven years ago my daughter worked her way thru and she had 4 kids.  I did do a lot of free babysitting though but now I sit back knowing she's set.  It does take lots and lots of effort to prepare yourself and let's face it, most just don't bother and then complain about not getting "their fair share."  Almost all of us should at least know who's running the country regardless of our biases or income level.

5. You're better than that comment and smarter than that comment as well, DSC. Come on, man.

6. Why? Clearly the economy is in the shitter and things cost more than they used to. But nothing you said has to do with this "disappearance of the middle class"

7. FUCK MONEY! FUCK THE SYSTEM! FUCK POLITICS! FUCK ORGANIZED RELIGION! FUCK LABELS! N FUCK MEDICAL SCIENCE!

8. How does the rich getting richer and poor getting poorer and the wealth obviously not trickling down to anyone, have nothing to do with the disappearance of the middle class? It's definitely a symptom of trickle down economics not working.

9. Because we can't define the middle class, let alone know if it's disappearing.

And I agree trickle down economics doesn't work. Pretty sure I said that in this thread.

10. It's most definitely disappearing.

Income distribution in the United States has remained relatively constant since World War II, but by the 1990s the wealthiest groups had gained a larger share of the nation's wealth. In 1950, the richest 20 percent of Americans controlled 42.8 percent of wealth, the middle 20 percent controlled 17.4 percent, and the poorest controlled just 4.5 percent. By 1980, the wealthiest group controlled 41.6 percent, the middle group 17.5 percent, and the poorest 5.1 percent. However, by 1998, the poor and middle groups had lost some ground to the wealthy. The richest group controlled 49.2 percent of wealth, the middle group just 15 percent, and the poor just 3.6 percent. That same year the richest 5 percent of the population controlled 21.4 percent of wealth. The trend toward the greater concentration of wealth by the rich has accelerated throughout the 1990s. While the relative income of the poorest families in the United States declined by 11.6 percent since 1980, the income of the richest group increased by 17.7 percent.

Read more: http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Americas/United-States-of-America-POVERTY-AND-WEALTH.html#ixzz3HIWveaOe

11. Too many fucking people in this world concerned about others peoples possessions rich and poor. 

You would be surprised how many Americans don't know anything about taxes or payments. Hell, I don't even know I was never really taught in school.

12. #32 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
    Eh economics really isn't my thing. I just don't understand how we even define a middle class. Always seems very arbitrary and misleading. Which is why I can't understand a disappearance of it.

13. #33 *ColtClassic*, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014

That's a lot on your plate. Are you sure you have the stamina? jk

14. I have never worked for a poor man. Wealthy people hire less wealthy people. This is how the world has worked for centuries. I'm glad there are wealthy people out there. They can afford to pay me. I will never be rich and I don't want to be. What little I have I earned. I don't want it redistributed to some dumb, lazy SOB who refuses to work and earn his own way.

15. #35 NoelG, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    all your private property is target for your enemy, and your enemy is ....we.......

the ones that possess, steal from the ones without possesions

16. Some folks need help, some don't. Let the people that need it be able to receive it. And let the people who are able to help themselves be enabled and persuaded to do so, as well as aid the ones who can't. But stop trying to use government like a gun to commit armed robbery.

17. ^Most people don't understand what "need" means.  If they're in need and have tried their best then help them out.  If they're able to work they should, especially when given public assistance.  There's plenty of odd jobs communities could use some help with in exchange for food stamps.  Free stuff from the "government" is like an addicting drug and it ruins the lives of able bodied people.

Don't let the NSA hear you say politically incorrect shit like that! There could be a gulag in your future.

19. I don't see why companies don't stop being greedy and pay their employees more? We blame poor people for being poor and lazy but how about holding corporations accountable for the fact that they make billions of dollars while their employees are on food stamps?

Now if you want to argue that they should get a higher education and get a degree to make more money, that's cool but I don't believe anyone working 40 hours a week should be living in poverty.

20. We supplement those that are unemployed, below a certain income level, etc.
    We bitch about the costs of those programs.
    Many being assisted will not work due to the programs allowing a meager, yet sustainable lifestyle. Minimum wage would be a cut.

Yet we refuse to push for a minimum livable wage.

Round and round we go.

:smoke: