Distribution of Wealth

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by laxking420, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Ive seen a lot of different threads on here about how aristocratic and stratified our country is and how it is causing turmoil in the 99% (talking about USA). However, if many of you did not know, having our society stratified allows for our economy to stay stable. #trickledowneconomics
    what do you guys think about this, I'm currently writing a research paper on it so lemme know if you disagree or agree with trickle down economics and why. thanks guys  :bongin:

2. If trickle down economics worked, it would have already worked by now. As you can see, the rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer. The middle class is disappearing.

Rich people don't spend money. They use their money to make more money. Poor people spend money. Rich people build their wealth on the backs of the poor who need that 12/hr to keep food on the table for their families and to pay $800 for a new iPhone to keep their mind off of how poor they are.

Source: my wallet and my life experience

3. #3 laxking420, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
    It has worked since Hamilton instituted our economy and has been improved on ever since…it's kinda why America is the leading industrial power of the world  :metal:

4. If you believe trickle down economics works, you're too far gone. Good luck on your essay.

5. Lol, get the fuck out of here with that horse shit OP. America isn't the leading anything in the world anymore. Except the leading military power.

We're broke dummy.

[​IMG]

6. If you open your mouth and look up and taste shit after a few mins, youz probably a po folk.

7. You realize it's not the 1950s anymore right? And you're aware we are in troubling financial times for over a decade with no good outcome in sight?

8. We recovered from so many economic panics worse than this one. All of them caused by the same thing, over speculating. And America still is the strongest power in the world militarily, industrially, and economically. Theres a reason the world's foremost currency is the dollar. 

9. Why don't you bastards distribute some wealth to uncle daddy

Read it again fucker

10. Your posts reek of 19 year old kid who was raised by fox news and has no idea what the fuck they are talking about...because you don't.

We are not going to be the world currency for much longer.

11. as a matter of fact, i was not raised on fox news. I took an Economics class at UC Berkley over summer, so please, as soon as you do actual research, please prove to me im wrong. until then stfu

12. what would happen if the US bankrupted? they entire global economy would collapse. Therefore, we are the dominant country economically

13. Check this out, OP -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp3AaI5bWPQ

14. #14 *ColtClassic*, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014

Our wealth is owned by foreign parties anyways. The first central bank in what is now known as the United States of America was established in 1791, pushed for by Alexander Hamilton (a Rothschild agent).

Our central bank now, the Federal Reserve, controls the nations money supply, and essentially 'loans' money to the US Treasury (which has exclusive minting rights).

"And America still is the strongest power in the world militarily, industrially, and economically."

Yes, No, No.

and this

"Theres a reason the world's foremost currency is the dollar."

is because of the first yes...

15. 1. We are not the world leaders in industry china is and has been for years.

2. Isnt the pound or euro (I forget which) is the leading currency of the world, thats why whenever or dollar value decreases even by 1 cent its new value always compared to one of those.

3. Trickle down economics is bullshit, everyone knows it. Ill break it down to you:
    -rich get richer.

-poor get poorer

-poor want to feel rich so they start becoming financially irresponsible. I.e. spending money on bullshit. Iphones, jordans, et .

-poors even go as far as taking out credit they cant pay back, buying houses with mortgages out of their finacial league. This you see mostly in the middle class

-rich then call up the debt, which they know the poorer people cant pay back and get tac breaks, bailouts. Thus keeping the rich rich and making the poor poorer

-then it starts all over again. Some may blame the poor for being irresponsible but if you think about, who controls our media...the rich. What do we see and always hear about being rich, living lavishly etc. Americas socio-economic system has been distorted since around the industrial revolution. As soon as business as politics started to mix shit got bad for poor people in this country. I know, I know what about all the regualtions put in place during thia time regarding monopolies, overall corruption etc. Today there are so many loopholes the rich use its fucking ridiculous and the government sweeps it under the rug as long as they get their next campaign sponsored or next voting ad paid for. But eh welcome to america home of the rich and land of the poor

Sent from my SM-G730V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. "the middle class is disappearing" is an empty platitude considering nobody can actually define what "middle class" is.

17. #17 Messiah Decoy, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
    "Trickle down economics" was the mantra of the Reagan administration.

If you want to know if it works or doesn't work then you should look at economic policy and statistics from that period.

18. Between the rich and the poor. What more do you want?

19. Something far less vague, I'm assuming.

20. #20 ByePhilipe, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    I mean, isn't it like 250k?

I just don't understand what he's getting at. Is it important to know the exact numbers or is just having an understanding enough?

Even the most ignorant person can see food and gas prices rising and their pay not rising to meet those prices.

Or pay rising along after you get a degree yet having to pay student loans back to the federal government. It doesn't take a genius or an economist to see what's happening in the world around them.