Coughing up black phlegm, from weed or cigarettes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Nathan, Oct 23, 2014.

1. So 2 months ago I quit smoking cigarettes. I also tapped most of my weed instead of smoking. While, my cape broke about a couple months ago and I've been smoking my weed now. The last month. or I've been coughing up black shit. Not like a ton sully but some strands in the phlegm were obviously from tar. Now is this because I quit the cigs and am coughing the shit out, or is it from smoking a lot of weed all the time? It usually isn't much, but just now I coughed up the biggest and nastiest one yet. It didn't even take any effort, I just coughed once and cleared my throat and and there was a pretty large, dark chance of black shit in the phlegm. When I'm sick it usually takes a lot of effort to cough up phlegm but with the black shit it just flies out of me effortlessly.  Nasty shit I know lol.

2. #2 UnsuspiciousUsername, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    It's the cigs.
    Obviously marijuana does not have any of these compounds.
    That tar stayed on your lungs. And there is still plenty of it on there if you were an avid smoker.
    These are the down sides of smoking a poison. 

Edit: I'd go to a doctor for a check-up, in your place. 

3. How ya gonna fight crime with no cape?

4. Actually there still is a tar build up from smoking weed. Like studies say smoking a blunt can be as bad as smoking a pack of cigs (or something close I don't remember the exact amount) because most people don't exhale as quickly. Really the only difference is that you won't get cancer.
    I would also know this because I've seen this first hand. He hates cigs with a passion but loves weed. But sadly being a high 24/7 has caught up to him, so now he can only eat edibles without him wanting to die in the process. Luckily I'm sure in like 5 years all of the gunk will be out of his lungs.

5. #5 Thejourney318, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
    Weed will make you cough up black or dark grey shit...but apparently it's actually moreso a good thing than a bad thing. Because, weed opens up your lungs, which is why it helps asthma, and this opening up causes tars that get caught in your lungs to be coughed/spit up...whereas with say cigs it stays trapped in your lungs.

6. Yeah, it's black because of the cigs, but you're coughing it up (a good thing), because of the nugs.