Why wont theu realease the cures for cancer etc?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by JamaicanBacon, Oct 23, 2014.

1. I don't believe that someone is holding out on a cure for any type of cancer. Even if someone was, couldn't an aspiring scientist research and find his own cure? Also, in a capitalist society, you bring a product or service to meet a demand. Wouldn't you say there's a demand for a cure for prostate or breast cancer? Money may motivate keeping sick dying patients in treatment, but it could also motivate the next cure couldn't it? Money isn't the root of all evil, greed is.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. There are too many variables. Cancer can be caused by anything from a misplaced protein to errors in DNA coding and everything in between. Then there's the different types. Leukemia, carcinoma, melanoma, etc. Each have different causes and different things that make them tick.

Even without these factors, there is no such thing as a "cancer cell" per se. There are only cells that have multiplied rapidly and abnormally and become a part of the cluster(s) of cells with similar characteristics that are collectively known as cancer. One would have to know if destroying these cells would also adversely affect the healthy cells around it. If so, would the risk be worth the reward? Sure, the cancer is gone, but what's the point if you have to spend the rest of your life in chronic pain or paralyzed or with atrophied muscles?

As an alternative, they should focus on a more realistic goal, such as more effective treatments that also have less adverse side effects. Going through chemo and radiation treatments as they exist now is torture, and THAT should be what we're focusing on right now until some theoretical unforeseen technological breakthrough makes a cure seem more likely.

3. While cannabis contains several useful TREATMENTS, it has never truly cured anything at all.  

I have a small melanoma, and I actually rubbed 'rick-simpson oil' on it, just as the man himself advised, and SURPRISE SURPRISE, IT REMAINS!   

The point being, DO FUCKING RESEARCH!

And stop saying it's the fucking cure.  That's making us all look ridiculous >=(

Yep it's a good treatment for cancer and chemotherapy pain and nausea, but I don't think there's any hard science on it being a cure is there?