Why wont theu realease the cures for cancer etc?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by JamaicanBacon, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Right.......

2. #22 Fizzly, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014

Exactly right.

Some interesting things about my neighbor's cancer I mentioned in my previous post: As you may know, one of the tests for prostate cancer is the "PSA," or prostate-specific antigen (it is only one tool, often inaccurate as was mine, but after removal of the prostate it is very accurate.)

As I recall, from what he has told me in the past couple of years:

They follow up with periodic PSA tests for I think five years after treatment; if still undetectable they consider you cured (mine is still zero :) ). My neighbor's started rising at some point. It is always a slow change so they will always let a month or two (or more) go by then retest, but his kept going up. But that is just the antigen, which is the body's reaction to prostate cancer cells that are somewhere in his body. They do not know where those cancer cells are.

They know that prostate cancer cells (which are not like any other cancer cells -- they are all different) feed on testosterone. This is where my knowledge gets fuzzy, but they gave him a female hormone -- estrogen I think -- that neutralizes (?) or destroys (?) testosterone, thus starving the cancer cells.

He has been on this therapy for about three years now and it is still working. But it is not a cure; they know that and he knows that. The cancer cells usually win out in the end, but he is 70 years old and may die of old age or something else first. It's all a crapshoot, still experimental as are many cancer therapies. And I think he said that they have another hormone that they will try if this eventually doesn't work.

He told me that the "cutting edge" for many cancers now is to take good cells from one's body and "design" fighter cells from them in a laboratory, and then inject those back into you. We will see, although reliable results will take years. And what works for someone may not work for another. Nothing is black and white in medicine; there are too many variables.

EDIT: Where this all seems to be heading in the years/decades to come, is to turn "cancer" into a manageable, chronic disease instead of a death sentence.

3. The world only seems overpopulated if you live in a high density city. You look around and go "damn, there's a ton of people here". But here in Canada where I live, we're so sparsely populated that we could give every man woman and child a square kilometer to live on. Now obviously a lot of that land would be unsuitable for living, but I still think it kind of illustrates the point.

I'd say we're overpopulated only in the sense of resources, especially energy. But that's more a symptom of people being increasingly large consumers of energy(and other resources), rather then an issue of population.

As for a cure for cancer being withheld, other members have already said basically everything I have to say on the matter.

4. Nincompoop.

Cancer isn't "created."

5. The reason is because the shape shifting reptilians that run the world can't get cancer so they don't care about a cure...population control...fear...tinfoil...catnip...

6. Saying that the American government is holding out cures for cancers and all that is just ignorant bullshit. 90% of discoverirs and brake throughs made for treating, detecting and curing different types of cancer born illnesses in the last 5 years have been made by australian and europian researchers and they have been released. Why spread hate about a topic you have no idea about.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #28 -Martyr, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    Are you really that naive? If I say that I'll give you a dub for 10 dollars now, but you'll have to pay me 10 dollars more on the next one you buy, and you agree, it sounds like a steal right? So you come back to me next week and ask for a dub with 30 dollars in hand fully intent on keeping up with the arrangement. Now I'm selling dubs for 30 dollars because it's a new and extremely potent experimental strain that isn't easily found anywhere in the world (rolls eyes). But don't worry, it's extremely strong, sedative, dense so you get your money's worth, and if it doesn't live up to its name I have others. You have no other connections, no other means of finding your release, and sobriety is killing your enthusiasm for life. So you give me 40 dollars, instead of 30 and go on your way. I repeat the process of raising and lowering the prices when advantageous for me. I sell it to you low and in bulk, and I raise the price and call it dank when I'm short. Now if I wanted to, I could save you a lot of money, time, and risk by simply informing you on how to grow, how to not get caught, and how to properly harvest. You'd never need to buy again, or deal with street prices inflating. But it doesn't do me any good to see you go on your way with your money in your wallet. That's money I want. And it's the same for those in positions of power and wealth in this world. You're just a statistic that's used to move product and fuel a machine that doesn't give a shit about whether you live or die from something that could be prevented.

8. ...

Sent from my SM-G730V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

9. #30 Messiah Decoy, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
    The treatment is a bigger money maker than a cure.

14 million new cases every year globally.

Each of those people need thousands of dollars worth of treatment instead receiving a 10 dollar cure.

10. I suggest you read through the thread a bit.

Oh right, because they're are multiple forms of cancer a single cure is impossible.

But isn't it possible to cure breast cancer, the most common form of cancer?

12. The idea that people have the cure and would rather just treat people instead is just idiotic.

What about countries like Canada with socialized medicine? Treating people with cancer costs the government a shitload of money.

Not to mention the guys who found a cure would want their work recognized, and there wouldd actually be a huge amount of money for someone who found a cure.

Finally a ridiculously large amount of peoople would have to be in on a coverup, in the hundreds of thousands at least, youre teling me they would just let family members suffer and die?

I wonder at the kind of paranoid mind that invents that kind of fantasy

13. Many people have been cured of cancer in todays world. I can think of two people i know personally who have been.

14. I know several people cured from breast cancer...

How?

Is it legal?

16. the money is in the treatment, not the cure

why would you kill your cash cow

17. #38 -Martyr, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    Scientific and medicinal research, like most research in this world done by good hard working people, is essentially made to be turned over at some point. In order to make the necessary breakthroughs, you need funding. Funding usually comes at the cost of your claim towards whatever you needed the funding for. It's then mass produced, and the cream is scooped off the top and fed back into the organizations and agencies that just piggyback off the minds of giants. They do the same with publications and novels- at least in America this is so.

18. Sure but a research team discovering cancer would still realize what they had discovered and want the scientific recognition and more than likely royalties or somesuch on the cure.

And as has already been discussed, since cancer is such a varied and complex set of diseases theres almost no chance of a magic bullet cure

Without question, this has to be the fucking dumbest thread on GC; maybe on all the internets combined.

Hardly anything in medicine is black and white -- especially in complex diseases. My buddy's wife is "cured" of breast cancer (I think she's almost 10 years out, and every year you get with no recurrence, the less the chances of it returning) but she realizes it is possible for it to come back.

Another buddy's wife had uterine cancer about 6-8 years ago. They found and removed it just in time; it was about to break through the wall of her uterus. Had that happened (metastasized) she would have been in big trouble. As it was, they removed all of it and she is fine. She is considered cured.

We're wasting our time on this thread.

I'm 2 1/2 years out from prostate cancer, still okay. My brother-in-law is almost 6 years out from the same thing; a family friend is over 4 years out, both are free of cancer AT THIS POINT. The three of us will likely die of something other than prostate cancer -- but that is not guaranteed.

Is curing cancer legal? WTF kind of question is that? Do you think my urologist is a criminal for removing my cancerous prostate?

Jesus Christ, go smoke more pot or something. And when you're done, try to educate yourself a little bit.