Vegi Indoor Greenhouse LED Grow (Tangilope Sugar Mango Ryder)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Vegi, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Strain - Sugar Mango Ryder
    Day 62
    \nAve. Temps: 19.5 C
    Ave. Hum: 51%
    Nutes: Bio Canna Flores/Bio Canna BioBoost/Plant Magic Magne Cal+
    Stage: Flower (Day 36)
    \nMy girls not changed much, hairs are now slowly all turning brown. Not as much weight wise as I would have hoped but she's my first and I guess at least its better than my first two failures  :lol:
    \nReally not sure whether to just leave her on her own during the holidays or keep watering?
    \n View attachment 149611
    View attachment 149610

Strain - Tangilope
    Day 62
    \nAve. Temps: 19.5 C
    Ave. Hum: 51%
    Nutes: Bio Canna Vega/Bio Canna Rhizotonic/Plant Magic Magne Cal+
    Stage: Vegging (Day 57)
    \nSo I went a bit Topping bad on Friday but was blown away by how many she had after the LST; 10 tops!!! And that didn't include the 3 I left which were pretty small.
    \nAlso, decided to neaten up the undergrowth as alot of leaves were either dying or just wasting energy.
    \n View attachment 149615
    View attachment 149612
    View attachment 149613
    View attachment 149614

2. Hey man, you and I are really in a similar situation: not so sure about our present grows but happy that we have at least gotten further than our previous attempts!

It's good that you've cleaned out some of the undergrowth and dead leaves - I recently did some defoliation, pinching any fan leaves that were either drying up or blocking light from bud sites. This, according to my studies, can really cause the plant to explode and stimulate bud growth if done properly. One has to be very careful that not more than about 10% or so of fan leaves are removed at a given time so as to not stunt the plant.

A couple of days after defoliation I noticed that Jackie looked invigorated and I did indeed notice a lot of new growth. Ideally, defoliation should be started in the vegetative stage in conjunction with topping and LST. But apparently it can also be done during flowering, especially during the first few weeks. I will be keeping an eye on Jackie and will report on her progress.

3. #103 kofidog, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    I forgot to ask, what choices, if any, do you have in regards to keeping your plants watered over the holidays?

The SMR is only I'd say 2/3 weeks away from cull so just gonna water fully and leave her as be.

The Tangilope is a thirsty one but did leave her a few days dry just to see how she'd react and she didn't flinch. Gonna water her fully before leaving and place an inverted water bottle with holes to drip feed while I'm away. Hope this lasts over the hols.

Glad I pruned, yeah I know what you mean by her feeling better after the prune.

5. I'm now away from my ladies for 2 weeks  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Hopefully they're resistant blighters and survive by the time I get back

The SMR I reckon is ready to be chopped so she's just sitting watered until she's dry, but it's the Tangilope I'm worried about, she was heavily watered and I used an upside down bottle with holes, full of water to drip feed. But she's quite thirsty and with the felt pots has been drying quicker...  :unsure:

Hoping that at least lasts a few days and one week no water before I get back.

6. Yeah man, I'm prayin for your babies. 

7. Haha, thanks bro, that made me smile!

You and me both!!!

8. OK, so I got back after just over two weeks away to find my ladies dead.

Both plants bone dry. Looks like my self watering thing just didn't work, it probably emptied within two days.

Not as angry as I thought as I had no other choice but to leave them; I had no one else who could have watered or given them to. Guess all you can do is learn from your mistakes and try even harder next time.

Oh well, guess its back to the drawing board.

9. Yeah it's not optimal to leave your girls for long :/ it sucks. Sorry about your loss man! You'll get back into it again.

I know for my girls if I leave them for more than 5 days I'll be purchasing a water system that works on gravity and also a electric pump to pump the water.. It's about $60 total cost (after building it all myself) I'll give you the specs as soon as I build it.

As I'm planning to make trips to colorado and possibly Seattle in the upcoming months.. I'll need that built before leaving lol.

10. Vegi, I am so sorry to hear your girls didn't make it; when I read that I almost teared up! :cry: I guess it was unavoidable, but it is still really sad. Anyway, as you say, learn from this and you'll have to plan better next time.

GreenHack, I'll also be interested to see how your gravity fed watering system comes out. Probably an essential tool for us gardeners that don't have anyone to fall back on when we need to go away.

• Like Like x 1
  11. :( damn that sucks

12. I look forward to seeing your future grow bud, look at the upside, you get to start fresh with what you've learned so far :)

13. Thanks guys.

Hoping to get a new tent, fan, filter and LED soon so watch this space.

14. Damn Vegi.That's harsh.

Let's get growing!