Ds Half Ass Closet Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thedailydaren, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Looking good! Can't wait to see how this turns out. Lol.

2. Better picture of cripple leaves

Attached Files:

3. Switched over to a 20/4 light schedule and they seem to like it. Noticed the soil I used gets dry quickly. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414355175.307294.jpg left one with crippled leaves

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414355252.427368.jpg right side one

5. cant be too dry or both plants would look the same

6. Repotted. Are they behind? I bough another light but it's an odd size so I'm forced to wait for payday to put it in.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415492536.564438.jpg

7. It's not a race :)  If you try to make them "catch up" you'll probably end up killing them.

It doesn't really matter which lights you use, 2700K or 6500K, the amount of light is more important.  More is better. It's true one is better for veg and the other for flowering, but it's like 1% difference.  Compared to having two bulbs or one bulb, that can be the difference between success or failure so more than 100% difference.

They are young but possibly a little stretchy.  CFLs can get 4 inches or less to the plants, as long as they don't touch and the ambient temperature isn't too hot.  When you only have 40 watts, you need to get the most out of it.  You will definitely need at least two 40w bulbs, and I'd recommend a third as soon as you can get it sorted.  80watts it a little too low especially for 2 plants, and you want to be looking for at least 100watts

It's hard to tell because of the glare, but they don't look amazing right now.  The leaves look a bit pale and droopy, which could be over watering or acidic soil.  Could also be heat, or nothing just low light.  There's not much you can do apart from see how they look in a couple of days.

I've done low-budget, half-assed closet grows, and they can work!  They aren't always very easy though, and can be pretty slow to get going.  Good luck!

8. thanks yeah I figured it was a lack of light more then anything -- I bought a 65w 6500k flood cfl but it's a larger then standard siZe so I'm having trouble finding a socket What I did find I can't afford to buy until payday.

I hope light is my only problem.
    I think I overwatered the plant on the right. Plant on the left has always has gnarled leaves they just grew like that.

9. Day 20 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415643858.067710.jpg

And then I think this one died ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415643902.106671.jpg

10. It's the soil for sure man. I was cooking em dead for 2 months straight before I ran out and got some fox farm.

11. i dont have much experience on my first also but they seem pretty stretched out lights are too far, i can literally put them like 1 - 2 inches away but you gotta check on them every few hours 4- 6 inches away is even effective for me hope you can turn em around because theyre def too small for their age heres an example pic of my oldest (20 days old)

I do wish u a lot of luck and hope to see a big comeback!

Attached Files:

12. I'm using jiffy potting mix?

13. im stupid using premier soil plain mixed with miracle grow lol but its working for me  :smoke:

14. Well the light that I do have is positioned only 3 inches or so above the plants. I moved it to reduce glare in the picture.

I really do think that my main problem is lack of light. 40 watts isn't enough.

Going to buy the part I need to add my 65w cfl to the setup and see what kind of difference it makes.

15. the pic is blurry man! i can only see a mush of green. though through the blur, its looks like its missing something. -.o

16. its jiffy potting mix... It can't be the soil bc one plant is thriving and the other is not.

17. im pretty sure itll make a huge difference but i use 46 w total to start my seedlings and they grow pretty good for a week and a half, well seems like u got this covered ill def be checking your journal out goodluck bro

just a quick pic of my youngest 1 week from seed not counting germ and its under the 2 23w (46w) gonna have to move her soon tho but then again i see your growing more than one plant under 40w thats probly why its not enough to start em

Attached Files:

18. New pics. Should be getting the light tomorrow.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416000293.666600.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416000314.422402.jpg