1st timer, 3rd attempt. Stumped

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by hddani, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.
    Day 15 today from seed these pics are from last night.
    Medium is about 75% perlite and 25% hydroton, seed germed in a rapid rooter then placed in the hempy bucket. When they were about a week old I started both my seedlings on about 400ppm Clonex clone & seedling nutrient solution. I left to Vegas for the weekend and when I returned, both had early signs of nute burn (I assumed thats what it was). Flushed this one with 5.8 ro water no nutes, the other one is in DWC so I diluted the soup and its doing fine. Only been giving it ro water until the cotyledons yellowed, then I gave it a weak 200ppm Lucas Formula feeding but new growth is still frying. Flushed it again, and LIFTA since.
    Im stumped, did I burn it? Is ph supposed to be higher (6.5)? CalMag deficiency? No idea :( Any help is appreciated.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413932753.888857.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413932782.772728.jpg
    New growth at top looking stumped and fried
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413932830.511758.jpg
    New growth at nodes looked promising until this morning the one pictured here had a burned tip!
    Temps have been 75-80F, rh 40-50%, plenty of airflow.
    CFL bulbs are about 1-2" from top.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1329219-My-2Nd-Real-Grow-Attempt%2C-W--Pics%21-Bubble-Cloner-clone-Machine%2C-Dwc

2. I am a soil grower, but that definitely looks like nutrient burn to me.

3. Looked so to me as well, though a flush would take care of it. First one was a week ago, initial runoff was about 500ppm but I continued until 200. After the 2nd flush finished runoff is at 100ppm.
    I'm thinking next watering will just be ph'd tap water?

Again, I'm a soil grower. The only PH that matters to me is my soil PH, which in general is a set it and forget it thing. If I were in your shoes though, yes I would water with PH'd water and monitor new growth. If the new growth looks okay, then you are probably good to start feeding again, but adjust your PPM so you don't have a repeat.

Flushing will help new growth, but it will not fix your damaged leaves. Damage to leaves is permanent, whether it be fert burn, light burn, or physical tearing. Also keep in mind roots can be burned by fertilizer too.

5. #6 hddani, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014

Thanks for the help!
    Gave it another flush last night with ph'd tap water and runoff ppm was only a little higher than when going in. I trimmed off the very bottom, first single blade leaves that come out after the cotyledons because they were pretty fried. Also 'topped' it by removing the newest top growth which was stunted and burnt anyway. The node directly below has very new leaf sets growing out so hopefully development goes into those now, as well as the newer growth at the lower nodes. Its still alive and perky so I'll update this with a picture of it when its recovered and growing, or when it croaks (lets hope not!)

photo.JPG
    Here it is a few moments ago.

6. Both of these turned out male

7. I buy nirvana feminized seeds guaranteed female or get resent