If you were God how would you reward and punish good and evil actions?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Messiah Decoy, Oct 21, 2014.

1. No I don't believe so.

What I mean by sins are punished is consequences of actions.

If one eats too much, they get fat.

If one murders rapes and steals, they make enemies.

If one is too greedy, they are more likely to lose everything.

Its like natural karma. Or think about it the other way. Things are sins because they are bad, they are not bad because they are sins.

-yuri

2. god or no god, there must balance

3. So do people who do terrible things and also live great and enjoyable lives simply escape consequence? Does sin simply mean that there is a higher probability something bad will happen as a consequence? Do some people just have good luck, act terribly without bad things happening, others bad luck who are great people and terrible things happen to?

Taoism...

Shit happens.

5. I think the way He, The Almighty One, Allah, God, universe, Brahma...that fucker knew what he was doing cuz things are pretty darn good for karmic doings.

6. Sometimes
    Pretty much
    Fact is stranger than fiction
    We live in a fucked up world. Its only natural for people to want to believe in karma.

-yuri

7. I would let everyone do absolutely whatever the fuck they want and just laugh from a distance.

8. I would definitely kick it on earth. Being God would be a major pussy magnet. I would get more snatch than a one-armed gypsy.

9. Is it an evil action if someone kills another to save who he loves? Can normally wrong doings, like murdering for another or stealing for the poor, be justified or are wrong doings just evil? Should god be judging by people's actions or their intentions?
    I think karma is a good idea

10. exactly! If i was God people who do wrong things but for the protection of their family,friends or the environment i would allow them to heaven. But only if the intentions were for them.
    For example if a man just went on a shooting spree for no reason or robbed a bank out of greed he would go to hell. If a man had to shoot another to protect his family/loved ones but felt guilty about it and asked for forgiveness, i would forgive him.
    If someone robbed a bank because their house was on foreclosure and they had no more options, i would allow him into heaven because he's looking out for his family and loved ones.
    Plus money is a concept created by people of authority and power to keep us enslaved into a fake reality. Where all we are to them are just a bunch of working machines that will hopefully wake up one day and perceive this society for what it really is. 😏 so anyone who realized that the Earth is our playground and that we are all free would be granted access to heaven unless they did wrongly things like murder without good intentions.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. If I were God I'd reward kind actions with one of the persons greatest wishes and aspirations, punishment would be one of their worst fears, and a wish but be careful what you wish for.

12. #32 Tokesmith, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2014
    This is close to what karma actually is. People who don't understand it believe it to be some universal energy or something.

When you say "if someone murders or steals they make enemies", is a good example. One may not be punished by "God" or by the law but they still must deal with what they've done. Fear of vengeance, mental instability, etc.

Karma is a chain of events. One can react any way to these events.

For example, say I'm angry because someone killed my dog. I then beat someone up and they die. Then the brother of the victim becomes angry and beats and kills a stranger in a bar because he's so angry. I then find out that stranger is my cousin.

It's a chain of events that can affect ones self. This is true karma. This is what Buddhists refer to as rebirth. After death all that's left is ones actions are apart of the chain of events. One can either leave positive or negative. The choice is yours.

13. I'd spirit bomb the universe.

Sounds very similar to religious doctrine...  :confused_2:

15. Except the word karma implies that the consequences will be "good" or "bad"

Its fully possible for a killer to live a long prosperous happy life. Its uncommon. But possible.

This is why I don't like using the word karma. I do not believe the reaction is necessarily "positive" or "negative"

-yuri

16. Eye for an eye.

17. Buddha says that ultimately karma is intention...

18. Um.... I have a sick mind and if i answer that question, I will probably get banned so I'm gonna GTFO of here  :bolt:

19. Depends on what the crime is and how good you are, we are all aloud to make bad choices but we should learn from them. If you can't learn from your experiences then it should be an eye for an eye type of system. If you still don't learn there will be a torture room medieval style your head will then be inside of a glass box filled with hungry rats slowly eating away. Or that wooden thingy that slowly pulls a person apart.

If your good you should be rewarded with a nice life with friends and family. Also as god I would make you extremely attractive so you get sex whenever you want and you get to smoke weed all day.

20. I wouldn't