Upward canoeing leaves? Please help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MadamGanja, Oct 21, 2014.

1. I actually do have a fan going. Its about plant level aimed up towards the lights. Unfortionately I can't move them closer. A matter of inches from where they are now causes damage. The room is incredibly stuffy. It was built as a last minute edition so its like tiny rectangle room with heaters down two walls because it was supposed to be part of the master bedroom. Warmest room in the house. I can't open windows because of the cost of oil but I can't install any fancy air systems. I rent at my moms house, I'm not even allowed to use tacks or tape on walls. As I've been saying, I have to get CFLs. That'll help with the heat in the room and on the plants. I also intend to move them to the closet in that room. This is my first grow and I'm terrible with even houseplants, so just keeping them alive and learning is the goal vs actual yield.

2. The lights throw off insane heat. Touched a bulb to the rug and melted a huge circle in like 30 sec. Anyone wanna buy me bulbs? Lololol. Found a cool 2 way splitter with CFLs putting out slightly over 400watt equivilant for like $15 online.

3. So um, I have two questions. There's the faintest light speckling on the top leafs of one of my little plants. Its so light I can't really get a good picture. Anyone know why? Also, I have the saddest little plant growing. Same age as the plant in the other pics. It stretched out crazyyy faster than the rest and pretty much stayed the same since. I wanna toss it but my bf doesn't think I should give up on it. Idk, ain't no bud coming out of this little mutation. Lol. Let it grow or give up?

Attached Files:

4. #24 MadamGanja, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
    Ill be able to open the room to the door once I move things to the closet in there, atleast until I start what lillte flowering ill get. Then Ill need to switch my light cycle/mask the smell, which unfortunately may mean shutting the door again. But till then itll keep the room muchhh cooler. I lso have 3 cats and two dogs, and for some reason my one eyed little kitty always wants to be in there, and goes straight to rub herself on the plants. Shes a little weird. But anything I do needs to be semi kitty-proof. So,..airflow + heat reduction x (light control+scent containment) -no altering the walls/windows Ã· cat = confusion? :x

5. Update! Switched to closet bout a week ago and just got new cfls last night. Babies are already looking better than the ladies.

Attached Files:

6. Damn them plants are stretching like crazy, what watts you have? How far away are there? What's temps soil ect...?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. If you look back and read youll see why and that they have improved.

8. I know these plants are worthless, they are just practice now. Please dont post on here saying theyre stretched ect, Im well aware. And if you read the whole thing you would know that. Im simply updating the slight progress.

9. Here this might help ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417872309.266709.jpg

10. I use multiple bulbs to achieve my wattage so i avoid paying crazy prices on a single bulb, do I add them up before I check the chart?

11. Also.. is this even for the kind I have? CFLs.

12. It's for watts in total so say if you have 4 25 cfl watts, that equals 100 watts total, so yes add them up and follow accordingly

13. Mine are spread out in a line so each plant gets light, so even if I add them up its not like every plant is under the total wattage. Does that make sense?

14. As a general rule they'll still be getting close to an equivalent amount of that light... Maybe a little less added up, but it's a lot easier to throw the totals together and run off that number.

15. Ok:) I think i found a happy medium.

• Like Like x 1
  16. how about a picture update of the plants?

17. Once I get home from the tattoo shop I'll take pics:) I'm leaving momentarily and I'm already outside.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Their
    Tattoo pictures or green lady pictures? Haha

19. Lady pictures. I've already had them burned by the bulbs and knocked over by the cats cuz my mom has zero respect for me or my plants. Sigh. But yeah. Here's a sad update.

Attached Files:

20. Everything looks pretty stretched in there, having a hard time telling where one plant starts and ends lol.