White male privilege?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ItsReneeYo_, Oct 21, 2014.

Yet we control how much wealth again?

2. #42 -Martyr, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014

And if I was white and said you were biased for playing the race card when you made the "How The Media Portrays Murdered Black Men" thread, even though blacks aren't the only race persecuted in such a way, you would have probably checked me on my white privilege. And you wouldn't have been right or wrong to do so. Debating's supposed to be about acknowledging evidence, not just skewing it so that the jury can get along, circle jerk, and make hastey, rash, uneducated assessments deprived of any objectivity on aspects of our sociological background. If the effects of any kind of privilege or cancer trickles down to ordinary people, why would it be something we couldn't have in debate? Does the white person you're debating on the internet not being rich, really void the fact that you've had drastically different experiences due to your cultural and aesthetic differences? No.

You madam are enlightened. The biggest issue and propagator of this mentality are the African American leadership. All the people like Al Sharpton do is scream victimization...never the person is responsible nor are the underlying roots of it are to blame.

Who ever said we all wish to live in the progressive hug each other world?

What other sort of world do you suggest we live in? Progression is one of the only ways people can truly come to accept one another, allowing for at least a little bit more peace within society. 

6. This collectivist mantra of thinking of people based on the group/subset of the population they're a part of creates more problems than it solves.

It's really at the root of all racism and prejudice.

7. Agreed.

The American middle class is like the suburban kid who says he hates his parents because his iPhone is a 5, not a 6.

Don't get me wrong, more money is better all the time, every time, but if you consume/earn in the 40,000s per year, you're in the 1% of the world.

Not to say you shouldn't strive for 80k, but the 1%er vs middle class debate must make us look like the biggest assholes to the rest of the world.

8. There is no white male privilege. I'm white and male and struggle hard as hell.

The Indian School system was a cruel nightmare.  Many people don't realize how long that was allowed to continue.

I often use the term hillbilly & it refers specifically to the people of Upper Appalachia in the Southern US.  The term itself is not an insult to them; it is how they refer to themselves hence the descriptor that I use immediately following my use of hillbilly.  There are decent hillbillies that are honest & most are very Baptist, unsophisticated & generally uneducated; they are just country.

I have only contempt for the ones that hate anyone not like themselves.  They are vile racist white trash.  If those types were to burst into flames in my presence, I would not waste piss to hinder the fire.

The inherited privilege of white males is not a factor in today's social structure.  Today, if you are wealthy enough or a celebrity, you can literally get away with murder, beating your girlfriend, or being caught with illegal substances and get minimal punishment, or even an easy pass.  If you are poor and commit a crime, you generally get the hard treatment & incarceration.

Wealth buys every benefit the law can give regardless of skin tone.

10. Very, very true.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. #51 *ColtClassic*, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014

I agree.

Men are providers, protectors, and compete for female selection.

Women are provided for, protected, and select for competing males.

Men, historically, have always been the group that is demanded to be utilities and meat shields for society.

There is a biological reason for this, and I'm not saying its inherently wrong or unreasonable, but it must be recognized for what it is.

12. Its a type of racism, just like affirmative action, racism just in another form.

You are exactly right and sooo many people have no idea about that. If your making 40-50k as a family you literally are in the upper double digit percentages of the world's income.

If your making 80-100k a year in the US your in the top tier income wage earners. People like to quote 1% and never know what income makes them that.

The US Cenus information is a fascinating source to see how incomes vary. Most of us all will fall in the top 10% of income once or twice in our lives and be near broke many times as well. Income is never static.

Can any of you guess where the greatest concentration of wealth has popped up in the last 10 years? Washington DC from our government growing to unparalleled proportions.

14. Well there is only one form of racism, which is the textbook definition, I don't believe calling someone out on their privilege because their white is racist, it's actually the opposite, you believe that the person has a certain superiority over you, to be racist, you would believe you had a certain superiority over them, it's just inherently ignorant.

Maybe prejudice would fit better.

15. #55 yurigadaisukida, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014
    I think the idea comes from the fact that most world leaders are white men, but ignores the fact that there are just as many poor white people as there are black people

Black people just don't want to let racism go because they like using the race card

Face it black.people. you aren't special anymore. You are just people like the rest of us

-yuri

16. We aren't special anymore? Did I miss the era where we were special? Lol.

17. The affirmative action era

-yuri

18. White males have no privileges

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c0a2oy5SoA

20. There is no privilege, it's all about your ambition :smoke:

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app