Organics on the sneak, 400w cabinet, Cindys Blue Cheese

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by SpacebudS, Oct 21, 2014.

appreciate the thanks man.

it could possibly be from too rich a soil for that particular strain. i know from my experience anything that is mixed with a Sativa 50%ish or more, is not going to appreciate rich organic soil. equatorial soils are, contrary to popular belief, low in nutrients so that is perhaps why they don't like it rich and will claw.

next Sativa run for me will be a 50% org soil 50% leaf mold mix or you could use straight peat as well to "cut" your rich soil.

as for the puree i'm dunno the shelf life, TJ may or ask Coots or jerry or Wak they may know. i tend to use mine up before it ages much.

2. Awesome looking plants bruh! Hope my mastodons come out looking like yours by the time I put them to flower! 

3. Thanks Toke, they are a real pleasure to grow.

4. So ive been struggling to remember to get a pic before my light comes on and i really dont want to move them soooo........heres some shitty hps pics at day 28. Everthing is still going smoothly. Ive just been giving them water. Im starting to get some sweet fruity dankness smells as soon as i open the cab. One has some serious resin production going and the other has nothing. Still three or four weeks left tho!

On another note, i just ordered more beans from OGS and as always the service was second to none. I picked up a few packs for the outdoor season and Deb offered to check the seed vault and throw in a little something extra for being a good customer. Im super stoked on that, for sure. Its such a rare occasion to find a human of her caliber. I will say, though, this fine site seems to have a disproportionate abundance of the aforementioned.

So my OGS collection now consists of:

Cindys Blue Cheese
    Mastodon
    Oregon Grown OG
    Willamette Valley Pineapple
    Oregon Greens
    Blue Snowdog

Im going to run the oregon grown og, the oregon greens, and the blue snowdog outside this year stealth style. I believe these ones will match my climate the best. Temps get into the ninties and down into the fifties and forties on occasion around here and the wind can blow like a dirty bastard sometimes too. I hope that doest mess with them. More on that later.

These have reached my light height limit without training. Barely an inch to spare. They are twice as tall as my CBC was. Should be a decent harvest.
    20150222_114703.jpg

Lots o' frost and smelly
    20150222_114726.jpg

No frost. Hardly any smell. Thicker pistils than the other with a slight pinkish hue.
    20150222_114848.jpg

Have a great week GC, see you next sunday!

5. Got my beans today. I now have Iranian Early Flower to play with outside this summer too and thats because Deb, at OGS, is FREAKING AWESOME! Man, this strain finishes in 42 to 49 days. Be done outside by the middle of august. This is gonna be sweet. The oregon greens will finish around a week later as well. Damn, i may just save everything else for indoor. Crap, too many choices now, lol. I guess ill just play everything as it comes like i usually do.

6. those are beautiful man.

7. Thanks, O. This all sure is fun to do. Organics makes it so easy, too. Build some soil and throw some water and beans in it then Shizzap! theres yummy weed to smoke. I love it. You got some tasty nugs comin your way too my friend. Just you wait, lol. Nothin like smokin your own herb, gettin all baked as fuck. It gives a certain satisfaction. He he. Thanks for stoppin by buddy.

8. Aggrowman,
    How many days was it from switching to 12/12 to harvest for your CBC? 
    I've got some starts going and need to figure out how long CBC will tie up my flowering setup.

thanks in advance......Goatrich

9. Hi Goatrich, my CBC was chopped at like 58 days. I probably could have gone a bit longer but i wouldnt be surprised if you were to find a slightly faster more indica leaning pheno. I think it would be safe to just count on 8 weeks. Hope that helps! Thanks for swingin by!

10. hey agg  im posting here in hopes of figuring out why my new growth tips are growing twisted up and thin. heres some pics and a link to my post got some pics up there and description of what im doin. 1000 watt mh 18/6 organic strains hash plant and a whole bunch other IMG_1766.jpg IMG_1756.jpg IMG_1773.jpg IMG_1774.jpg IMG_1766.jpg

11. What are you using to feed? What kind of water are you using? How big are your pots and how often do you water?

12. #212 herbperv35, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    IMG_1926.jpg i feed once a week.  Tap water PH'd down to 6.0 6.5. Bigger plants are in five gallon pots. smaller plants are in three gallon pots I am using  
    coco loco bush master soil. also mixed in with some ROOTS 747 formula soil.

top dressing I have been putting three tablespoons of bat guano the Mexican and Jamaican. Happy Frog complete fert at 6-4-8. two table spoons of that. humic acid granulated as well just a table spoon.

and in my water I have been adding EARTH JUICES's grow assist and Catalyst juice. the first feeding I put molasses HIBRIX. and sea weed kelp from RAW. and first feeding I put Epsom salt as well. three table spoon all this in a five gallon bucket.

I plan on pure phd down water for a couple weeks. as soon as I build my clone room or space I will be cloning and flipping to flower. haha thanks man sorry to ramble on and on.

13. From what i can tell your plants are either over fed or over watered. Doesnt look like a deficiency to me. Since you are using bottled nutes i would say possibly both. If you arent mulching the top layer of your soil you may be overwatering. Those burned tips say to me that they are getting too much of something. Also, i noticed you recently topped. You may have accidentally snipped some from the other tops in your attempt. Ive done this a couple of times.

You may consider taking this concern to the organics lounge. Lots of heavy hitters there who love to help.

Oh, i almost forgot, what is the ppms of your water before you add nutes and what are the ppms after you add nutes?

14. Here we are on the first day of March and these babies are 5 weeks today. Looks like the frosty one might finish before the other. No biggie. The less frosty one will definitely have larger buds, though. So thats cool.
    Still just giving straight water. Ive thought about giving them a little something like kelp or aloe, but i dunno. Maybe not. They dont look like they need anything.

For some reason the pics are coming out sideways. Sorry.

I threw in another little fan down at the bottom pointing up. Its helping me keep humidity down below 50% during lights off.
    20150228_142430.jpg

Starting to put on some resin. Hard to see in these pics
    20150228_142513.jpg

Some hairs are starting to turn brown. Im getting a few nanners here and there on this one due to stress. Ive been able to find a lot of them but im sure ill miss some. Thats okay, i wouldnt mind some S1s.
    20150228_142617.jpg

Have a great day everyone!

Agg

15. that's shits on fire.

16. MISTA AGGRO those girls are lookin splendid man Good job. also I have the ph down drip kit  I would have to buy a ppm and ph reader here in the next week or so. also you  don't like to clone indoors? or do you prefer  your seeds ? I just made an easy DIY cloner just need my T5's and voila. hopefully cloning is not as hard as my brother makes it seem. have a good weekend hermano

17. Hey herb, thanks for the kind words. I like cloning, its just that i dont plan on staying here past the time i get my outdoor started, so i wont have a place to store mothers for a while. If things go my way this summer, ill be cloning the shit out of several different strains i have for indoor next fall.

Ive done lots of cloning into straight coco and had 100% success. Super easy to do. I have never used organic soil for it, tho, and its got me a little nervous. I think it will ok.

You have yourself a great week too!
    Thanks man.

18. Good morning, everybody. I just thought id introduce you all to five brand new organisms freshly sprouted into existence. They broke surface last night and were all standing up by this morning. They are Oregon Grown OGs which is a cross of Dr. Greenthumbs Ghost OG and Iranian Early Flower. They have a finish time of 45 to 55 days with a reported heavy and potent yeild and fantastic flavors. Ive really been looking forward to popping these ones and i figured i had enough time for one more round here in my apartment before i go full on outdoor. Plus, i can clone these and use them for some under the sun fun without having to cull males.

5/5 germ rates. 36 hour germination in paper towels. 36 hours to break surface in solo cups. A little slower than the mastodons and the CBCs but thats ok. They all seem to be growing at about the same rate so far.

OG OGs #1-5
    20150302_074632.jpg

OG OG #1 no stretching going on here
    20150302_074705.jpg

Have a great week, GC!

Really really nice agg. Your Mastodons look really nice!

Im a little concerned about the hermie issue but expected to probably see that in this cross. Since it is an F1 that probably hasnt been worked out of this line or the La Conf, endless sky. I am not of the belief that hermie is something to induce easily with minimal stress. What Im saying is that hermie you are seeing is genetic and not anything you have done. It is not a knock on Deb either. From what I know and have been told by the real old school is.. Cannabis used to always have seeds in it pretty much. Sensimilia or seedless bud was created by breeders. The hermie tendency in nature is very high in cannabis. Through selective breeding of the purest females and males they created Stable Lines. Some lines will have more percentage of hermie than others. All cannabis can hermie and all lines have natural hermies in them. Its just that some have had the percentages worked down. Now that is not saying you cannot stress a plant into doing it. You can and that amount of stress will vary based on the strain. I have personally tortured some plants way back when I first started and even a few times after. I also have tried to take a plant that had only a few male flowers on it from seed and clone it. I then babied it and it still threw male flowers...

Ok guys that was just my 2 cents :)

I also am excited to the see the OG OG. That one sold out before I could grab a pack.

20. One other thing I have noticed.

More often than not the hermie plants are more potent. I still do not keep them around. They are one run and done. I have also found that the more potent a strain is the higher chance of hermie... I believe that is because alot of modern day breeders are mostly breeding for potency traits and not looking at other things. Deb is not one of these.