Organics on the sneak, 400w cabinet, Cindys Blue Cheese

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by SpacebudS, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Hey man sorry for the delayed reply.
    That combo sounds like a pretty good deal if the products are of good quality! Yes, the typical hydrofarm trays are flimsy as hell. Don't buy any of the rapid rooter tray/plug setups wrapped in plastic. The tray is worthless. I went with Super Sprouter Quad Thick trays which are really damn durable. The double thick ones are nice too and a little cheaper. 11"x22" might be kinda sweet! Might be a little more difficult to find replacement domes unless you get the same one though, i'd reckon.
    Wow agg your plants are looking awesome!! Nice work my friend :D

2. I'm not sure if mine are female or males yet they're about 39 days old check it out

Attached Files:

3. Its hard to tell what sex they are with those pics but they sure look healthy And happy. See any white hairs poppin up? Those are females. My short mastodon showed sex after 27 days. The taller one took around 35+ days to show sex.

4. Hey TJ! Thanks for the input on the trays. I didnt even think about the replacement dome aspect. Something I'll have to consider for sure in the future. Too late for me now, lol.

5. Can I see the white hairs on yours I wanna compare and see if that's what I'm seeing in my plants

6. Sure thing. First two pics are from the shorter fatter one. Third pic is from ms. Curly Leaves herself.

If your plants are showing what appears to be a calyx, sometimes you can see the very tip of the pistil starting to poke out.

This one already putting out quite a few pistils. Maybe she'll be a yeilder.
    20150127_080247.jpg
    20150127_080318.jpg

You know, despite the weird leaf curl and peculiar droopiness, this one still is growing pretty good. Shes quite a bit different than the other one. Im hoping that one of these two turn out to be the purple pheno. 20150127_080410.jpg

I hope these help. Can you get a closeup of what you got goin?

7. They do help thanks I only have he green pistil coming out no trichome looking things

8. Hello GC! I figure its past time for a smoke report. Id just like to start off by saying that this report doesnt really reflect the potential of this strain, just my limited abilities as a grower. Im not going to rate this on a scale as i dont think it would be accurate.

The Cindys Blue Cheese was chopped at beginning of last month. She was hung to dry with all but the biggest fan leaves. After 7 days i took the branches down and put the buds in a plastic co tainer for sweating and burping. After 7 days of that they stabilized at about 60% RH and went into jars. Its been two weeks in jars.

The smell when opening the jar is that of rotting tropical fruit mixed with that typical sweet sativa smell. No cheese odors that i can detect anymore. Its a very nice smell. Not overpowering like a kush but still nice.

Shes got some good bag appeal. Fairly pretty buds, especially in the sun where the crystals shimmer like little thc diamonds.

I put two ounces of dried bud in the jars. All told she probably put out an easy 2.5 ounces on her first run. Not bad for my first organic attempt.

It took a bit to get some flavor out of her. She really didnt have much flavor u til after about a week of cure. flavors are tough for me to pin down. I dont have a very sophisticated palate. Anyways, i detect a sweet dankness on the inhale and a earthy tropical frutiness on the exhale. Not very strong flavor but enjoyable no less. Still better than what i could buy around here.

The high is pleasant and fairly long lasting. Good daytime smoke. The sativa zippiness is balanced nicely with the indica body high. It gets me jabber jawing pretty good. I can still think straight when im under her spell.

Growing this little beauty was a breeze. Highly recommendable for new growers. All in all id say if you are looking for an easy growing hybrid that yeilds well, thisis a great choice. Im glad i have more seeds.

20150201_152414.jpg

Be well,

Agg

9. #189 donothinggardening, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
    Great smoke report, agg! I've got a hinkering to try out a cheese strain :yummy: and an even bigger hinkering to try out this USA -based seed company.

2.5 oz is a fantastic yield if you ask me! That's about what I got with my 8 Miles High a month or so back. I'm hoping that will improve as I get more practice :)

You're doing an awesome job man, keep it up. This grow is a lot of fun to watch. Looking forward to more :D :wave:

10. Finished product looks great Agg. Ive had some issues with my mastodons. Most of them turned into cabbage... The CBC's , DK's, and sugar cookies are looking good. I actually have 1 sugar cookie in about 4 weeks flower along with some baggies at almost 9... Finally gonna chop one of the baggie seeds tomorrow.

11. Thanks for the kind words, TJ. That means a lot to me coming from you. I have to admit, i didnt have a lot of high hopes for yeild. Orrganics has proven my assumptions wrong just about every time. I dont think you will be disappointed with OGS gear when you get some.

12. Whats up Berenger? Sorry to hear about your mastodons. Im glad your other varieties are doing well. Id like to see your sugar cookies. I almost picked up a pack of those. Good luck with your harvest! Thanks for stopping by and the compliment.

13. Howdy folks! Just a quick update on the mastodons after a little more than a week in flower. They're looking pretty good. All is well. I gave them a dose of some kelp and alfalfa tea the other day. It didnt kill them so i guess they liked. I suppose ill just go straight water from here on out. I finally got my heat mat and humidity dome. Im impressed by the thickness of the materials its made from. The dome is clear and rigid with two well made vents on top. Hopefully it works as well as it looks.

I reall like these SIPs. They keep my soil evenly moist. It sure does jack up my humidity, though, and that has me a bit concerned. I have good airflow with a fan for each plant blowing at full speed and and exhaust fan running 24/7. I get into the high 60s sometimes 70 percent RH when lights are off. Anybody havi g any problems with this? I also have what looks like a bit of mold or fungus growing on the very bottom of the geopots right where the perlite comes in contact with the pot. Any ideas? Ill get a pic up if it gets worse.

Sorry for the crappy pic. I dont want to move them much. The cabinet is definitely full this time around. Im focusing on 4 main colas per plant. Hopefully they dont stretch too much.
    20150202_065938.jpg

Take care, everybody!

Agg

14. #194 SpacebudS, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
    Howdy folks! Its been a minute. Heres a snap inside the cab. These mastodons are doing awesome. No problems at all. No burned leaf tips. No deficiencies to speak of. Ive noticed that if i aerate my water (ive been using store bought spring water) the leaves pray. If i dont aerate, they dont pray, regardless of humidity levels. Just an interesting observation. Might not mean anything.

I had to take my girls off the SIPs. They work like a dream but since i dont have any reliable way of controlling the humidity, i opted to go without until i get a dehumidifier. It was getting in the high 70s to 80s at lights off and i was getting mold or some shit growing on my pots. Maybe no big deal but it freaked me out. Things are back to 'normal' now.

Im planning on shutting the indoor op down after the mastodons get chopped until after the outdoor season. Ive got some outdoor action planned and i want to focus on it. Besides, this apartment sucks balls and im ready leave and find a more suitable location.

Until next time, be well my fellows humanoids,

Agg

Jam packed cabinet @ 20 days flower
    20150214_070105.jpg

15. Looking great Agg. I still have only harvested 2 plants from the 8 baggies that I started at the beginning of october :( Day 74 and some of them look like they have 7-10 days left. My sugar cookie that is in the same tent may finish before some of them and its around 6 weeks flowering. I have some pics of them in a thread that is in my sig below if you want to see the poop ive been dealing with :)

Not too long now and it will be time to get the clones ready for the summer sun. I am going to do Sugar Cookies, Donkey Kong, CBC, Mastodon, Buckeye Purple, and some vanilla kush this year.

16. Thanks Berenger! Wow man, sounds like you got your plate all filled up. Ill go over to your journal and check out what you got going. Still going since October? Damn, i bet thats driving you crazy, lol. I would go nuts over that. Im lookin forward to seeing all your stuff finish up! You should see the resin production on one of these mastodons at a mere 23 days flower. The other one doesnt have hardly any, but my curly leafed little sweetheart is spewing forth early frost and it makes me very happy. Hopefully, you get the same action on your Mastos. I hope you do a journal on your outdoor this year. Id love to follow along. Be well, Berenger. Thanks for stopping by!

Agg

17. nice grow turnout agg and im liking that new one as well, really looking healthy.  from reading above it sounds like you're into kelp and alfalfa teas and i like them as well. one thing you also can do is use them as a foliar spray as leaves absorb 6-8 times as much as roots so go lighter on the tea mix, i use Coot's mix on mine and they fare well.

i make his kelp puree and store it in the fridge. i think it's 1/2 cup kelp meal to 1 cup water, let it sit 30 minutes to reconstitute and then puree that. store in fridge and use 2 teaspoons to 1 gallon water for foliar and 1 tablespoon to 1 gallon water for root feeds. you have to filter it for spraying though and a paper towel works well for that. cheers man!

18. Whats up, Al! Thanks for kind words. That CBC was some damn fine smoke. Thanks for helping me with that one, buddy. Who knows what might have happened had you not intervened.

This round, despite some weirdness by one plant, has been fairly trouble free. No bugs at all. Just some leaf curl eagle claw action from the one. I wish i knew what causes that. Im thinking the soil is still a smidge hot which is why i havent given them many 'extras' this time round. So far only one kelp/alfalfa root soak and i gave them some aloe water when TP into finals. Thanks for the kelp recipe. Im gonna try that. Can the puree be stored for any amount of time? I wish you had a journal to follow, lol. Take care, Al.

19. I am a rookie hydroponic enthusiast and I have one issue GENETICS . Could use guidance in that department

20. What is the issue that you are facing? If you are here in the states then you can order seeds from one of several US based seed banks. No customs. Discreet packaging. I use Oregon Green Seed. They have great gear and good prices. If you are looking for name brand breeders and seeds then Natures Green Remedies could be a good choice for you. They have BOG and Motarebel gear as well as Cali Connection and La Plata seeds. Cant go wrong there, but you gonna pay more for the beans.

Hydro can be tricky. You may want to practice on a bag seed if you have any.

Hope that helps.