Finding out the missing puzzle piece of someones psyche.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by king roller, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Couldn't really think of a title, but today I found out something about a close friend of mine that made me instantly understand why she behaves the way she does.
    For some background, this woman is in her mid 40s and is my mothers best friend, I've known her my entire life. She has no kids and has not been in a relationship for a few years, and is generally not in a relationship. In addition to this, she has a weight problem and is a cigarette smoker and alcoholic.
    As you can tell, the woman has some issues, but throughout my childhood, I never understood what was causing them. Now i do, she was raped at knife point when she was 20. This has honestly been the worst news I've received in my entire life, it makes me even sadder than the death of my father, and I find it shocking how much this explains how she acts. So has anyone else experienced some fucked up shit like this, and what do you think about this shit.

2. i had similar moment of understanding when i learned a friend of mine was a victim of sexual abuse as a child.

i had a feeling something was off, as long as i had known the person.