Purpose of smoking if vaping saves you weed and healthier?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by g_dan1, Oct 21, 2014.

1. #41 POTatato Head, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
    Because of this little addiction to nicotine thing? I dont know, have you ever heard of it before?

2. I quit after 5 years mate and dad did after 30, bit of willpower is all it takes.

Heard of what before?

I quit over 40 years ago but it took a helluva lot more willpower than just a bit.  It took a fucking lot. 

when i smoke joints it tastes like weed..

different than a vape for sure.. but it definitely tastes like weed. I dig vaping a lot, but also enjoy a good joint every now and ten.

yeah.. why would i lie about something so silly?

Understood.   But for me, after giving up smoking cigs so long ago and weed about 6 years ago, any kind of combustion just smells gross.
    I've tried going back a few times just out of curiosity but after one hit, I'm like.....................blech !!!

congrats on quitting man.. don't cave in!

yeah like i said, i do dig a vape, but there's something about smoking a good J that just makes me happy :p especially really good bud, with a nice thin paper, rolled just once around all proper like.. :yummy:

cheers dude.. gl w/ the cigs. It's tough shit to go through.

Yeah, but I quit cigs about 40 years ago.   Gave up smoking j's and bongs about 6 years ago.     Quitting cigs was about the hardest thing I ever did.   Used to smoke 3 packs a day.

8. How does tobacco have no effect on you besides death? It clearly has an effect on the body that's pleasurable and relaxing. Which is why people start smoking.

9. #49 Hated, Oct 23, 2014
    If you enjoy the way your herb tastes in a joint you would definitely love the taste from a nice vape. Not saying you havent tried one or anything but I never noticed how shitty herb tastes with combustion until I started strictly vaping.

On a side note you
    make any bomb ass qwiso recently ?

10. #50 lwien, Oct 23, 2014

And that may be the key.    I think one has to totally stop combustion completely (including cigs) for at least 3 to 4 weeks for them to realize what you just said.

11. Yeah ive heard the cigs affect the way food tastes as well. I "quit"cigs last January when I got a bad upper respiratory infection. Sometimes I drink though and that goes out the window

12. Im pretty much the same way. I quit in july on my birthday but I still mess up some times while im drinking. Its a long hard road but im hoping one day I will be completely tobacco free and can look back on it like old man lwien does.

13. #53 lwien, Oct 23, 2014

Old lwien.?  "GET OFF MY LAWN....!!! "

But yeah, alcohol was a trigger for me as well, but even though it's been as long as it has, I have no doubt in my mind that if I had just one cigarette today, I'd be back up to 3 packs a day within a few months, and knowing that helps a LOT.

It would vary person to person.

15. Same goes for me, I dont beat myself up too bad about it though.

This....

I've quit cigs several times. Sometimes it's been easier than others (I think it's much easier if you acually want to quit, otherwise you're doomed)

The times when it's been hardest are when quitting cigs but still smoking tobacco in joints, because obviously you're still getting nicotine.

I did start this year vaporising, and stuck with it (did't have a drag of a cig or a joint) fro January until May. Slipped up in May and been back on the cigs and joints, but no more. Last week I had my last cig ever and now I am sticking exclusively to the vape. Even if there is a J going round at a party or whatever, I'm gona pass or I will undoubtedly end up back at square one.

17. that's because you are so used to smoking your sense of taste has masked all that nasty paper/tar and gross shit so all you THINK you taste is weed. All the vapor enthusiasts are laughing because they know what weed really tastes like. Vaping is so delicious and tasty. As lwien stated FUCK COMBUSTION. Never will I go back to that dirty nasty habit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. #58 AugustWest, Oct 23, 2014

nah..

i know what weed tastes like. i vape and smoke, both taste like weed to me, just different.

That could be because you continue to smoke.     Have you tried abstaining from ALL kinds of combustion for 3 weeks or more?

no. I enjoy it too much to do that :p