First grow, your opinion.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CANandProud420, Oct 21, 2014.

1. little update of the girls.. going good i think just started lst and topped once for the 2 oldest, what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. #62 OmegaKA, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014
    Hey man,
    Plants are looking really good.
    Prove me wrong but isnt topping some HST, which you shouldn't do to Autos? - or is it just femi?
    Greetz

3. #63 nonfiction, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014
    Get a 150w hps light for like 100$ that way lighting isnt an issue til you grasp the basics and want to grow bigger! :p

Some people are pulling off great results with CFLs though! and your plants look great!

4. #64 CANandProud420, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014

Just feminised, not auto and HST? thanks man
    monthly budget but finally got all my supplies so ill def start saving for better lights thanksdude

if you guys wanna check my journal i update pics more often there and shows my new setup

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1343773-my-first-grow-northern-lights-cfl-grow.html/page-2

5. HighStressTraining, such as topping for example shouldnt be done to autoflowers cause the regeneration time would take to long and just stun the plants growth, but when you got photoplants anyway dont mention it :)

Its been 3 days since topping and nothings growing out of it whats up with that? 

8. #69 nonfiction, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
    I think most growers agree 600w is the most efficent way to light, idk if thats in the budget, they come with dimmers now so you could lower it but once again may be just too strong for what you're looking for, personally I have a 100$ 150w hps with reflector, been using it a a month or two now and I love it, not as bright as the 400w i was using, but heat would be too much of an issue, sometimes i dont even need an extractor fan with my lil 150w but then again I have to manually move my plants to a room open a window and close the door (i put plant on chair infront of window) and it turns purple! I cant get my grow room that cold, oh well

there will never be growth out of the part you cut, you just lost the top, the plant eventually after the stress period puts th energy to the next tallest parts of the plant, generally one on each side of the broken piece, i guess all other shoots in the plant really, making it more bushy opposed to tall, personally i like that one king bud, and i grow autos mostly so i dont fucks with topping

9. Whats Soz man?

Yeah i bought everything i need for now so ill save my budget and by 2nd grow i def know ill have a 150 hps maybe even another light type to go with it and i noticed 2 stems of each side of the top are growing 

10. Lookin good man.

You can get a 150w HP's system for less than $100 if I remember correctly. Check out htgsupply.com they have some great deals there on lights.

11. would like to see an update since the topping when possible!

12. sweet bookmarking this and thanks man

for sure dude ill go snap a pic in 3 hours when light turn on my oldest #1 got nute burn last night i added 3 drops of schultz for first time yesterday :S