Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Over 40

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Malt Teezer, Oct 21, 2014.

1. An "old" checking in....47 :blink:

2. Now now- let's not call people over 40 old. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. My friend is a few years older than I. She's 55 but the coolest thing about her is- she's seen all the cool bands play live. She's a whiz at 70 music trivia. She knows all the bands drummers and bass players by name. She saw Elton john in the 70s when he was wearing those awesome wigs preform Funeral For a Friend! Damn I just got goosebumps. Oh and she lived close to ann and Nancy Wilson from heart and went to the same school as Nancy and for gawd sakes ann Wilson is like 68- no lie. Older people these days are not the older people from the 50's and I would personally like to thank them for paving the way for us! They have made "old" not so old anymore. 40 is the new 20 and so on.. So thank the hip older people because they've done a shit load for the younger generations. I'm part of the ummmm.. 38+ crowd :)

4. Eh, just saw this thread when checking "View New Content."

Remember the old Beatles song, "When I'm Sixty-Four"? Well, that's what I am. :(

MediCare next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCss0kZXeyE

5. I can say that I got to see the real Lynyrd Skynyrd at the Tulsa Speedway 3 months before the plane crash. I've touched Jerry Lee Lewis' foot while he was playing The Cain's. I saw Kansas when they were a bar band. I saw Aerosmith, and Van Halen for $3. Had tickets to the Sex Pistols at The Cain's. Vehicle malfunction made us late. They only played about 3 songs. Nothing but pissed off people by the time we got there.

6. Damn I got goosebumps! That made me remember concert tickets were like 15 dollars and concert tshirts were 10bucks!

7. #48 lisamc, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
    Funeral for a friend is in my head mad crazy now!! :D and free bird

I just like to play old...gives me an excuse for just about anything 'round here with the kids...:p

9. Yeah man, do Freebird!

10. I never really cared about seeing bands live and only have one story about it.

I met this girl in December 1967 (I was 17, she was 16) and I took her to a Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels concert in Rochester in Jan/Feb 1968. I didn't give a shit about the music, I just did it to hopefully get in her pants. But that was not to happen for another year and a half. :(

I did date a girl who had been to Woodstock. I would take her out when the girl above and I were fighting, lol. She was a really nice girl; I never did get into her pants, probably should have married her.

Oh well, kinda late now.

11. I've had some of the children on here ask me if I went to Woodstock.
    Have to tell them I was only 8 and parents wouldn't let me.

12. Hey I have them asking me what Viet Nam was like....d'oh!

13. Turning 55 on the 29th. 

You old people are young!

I turned 19 in August '69, and the girl I knew that was there was two years younger than me, so she was only 16-17 at the time. Her and her girlfriend were a couple of above-average looking party girls.

Dang, if I could do it over . . . :(

15. Just did that last Wednesday. No biggie. Double nickels is aight.

16. I liked this year, born in 57 and just turned 57. Made my double or reflected, or what does one call it? :smoke:

17. Hey, Anyone remember going to the RECORD SHOP? and flipping through vinyl? And, when you got something good, first, then all your friends would want to listen to it with you? And there was always someone or someone's brother who had a nice stereo (Marantz! lol)…Emrson Lake & Palmer put out a quadraphonic disc…and my brother's friend was in Vietnam and brought back a Marantz quadraphonic receiver (the one with the built-in oscilloscope)…and we got high…and turned out the lights and listened to the sounds of the synthesizers going round and round the room from all four speakers….oh…sorry! :)

Imma like this thread, methinks.

Whenever I try to get into a serious discussion with kids it never goes anywhere -- they have no historical perspective. Like you, me, and everyone else, we tend to think the world began when we were born. But when you're two generations away from them, you're two worlds apart -- or so it seems.

19. I'd call it a "thang".