Symphytum: The Comfrey Thread

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by donothinggardening, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Right on man. They sprout up quick, huh? Did you put em in holes fulla compost or anyting?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I put them in holes with about 2 gallons of the amended vermifire I used for my cuttings I posted in my journal. My native soil is really soft and seems full of life. It will show in my outdoor season ;-)

3. Hell yeah buddy I bet they take off :) glad to hear bout the native soil! The grass sure looks green. Very good sign :D

4. I bet dude, I smothered mine when they were about the size of yours and you see what I'm working with now. (They're even 2x that size today) We're talkin serious growth.

I ordered mine from Coe March 4th, talked to him March 11th, and now I'm wondering if the old coot even sells comfrey anymore, lol.

5. lol I have to place another order as well this year, to help fill up some space in a field.

Might be too cold yet for taking root cuttings where he's at...no idea but I hope he's still around when I order. [​IMG]

6. The comfrey plot. Planted Wednesday and already saying hello

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looking good dude! Need some mulch goin on! Or lots of horse poo lol.

8. I'll be top dressing with chicken poo and compost soon and will also be planting clover with it. Thanks TJ. This weekend is crammed for me but I'll be off Wednesday. It will happen then. The Crowns are really healthy still. There growing in the bag! Lmao! Hearty little fuckers

9. [​IMG]

Well next time I think I'll push my order up to $50 so I can get the extra DVDs!

10. Lol, the e-mail came only 30 minutes before the package -_-

[​IMG]

11. He personally rates the DVDs lmfao. I didn't notice that in my order hahaha

12. #92 Anatman, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Will just have to plant them tomorrow, today was too good of a day not to go for a ride. (I think I may have found a promising guerrilla spot.)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hello comfrey. Just had my gf send me some pics to check on things lmao...

Attached Files:

14. According to coot it is the exact same thing minus one section where he talks about the different bocking cultivars-- #4, #14 etc.

15. And that's the information I was scared to hear, lol. I think I have that PDF you linked downloaded about 5 times thinking it was the other book each time. I'd like that section on those 2 cultivars, but I guess my search can come to an end; not how I expected, but...that's the way she goes bubs.

Thanks!

16. Woot! Found one of my starts. Now to remember where the others were... 1428012323850.jpg

17. What info were you looking for exactly?

18. A book called Comfrey: Past, Present, and Future by Lawrence D. Hills, the maker of the Bocking series of sterile comfrey.

• Like Like x 1