I quit

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by smoker420i, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Yeah make sure that if you go to an NA meeting, you do NOT tell them you are addicted to pot.

2. Getting arrested did the trick for me. Going on 6 months without bud, guess what though?

The day I can smoke, I am going to smoke my ass into the couch. Iv been missing it way too much.

3. #23 nascarfan, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    I think you should give it a month and then reevaluate. When we quit something we'd rather not quit, as a species we have a tendency to justify all sorts of reasons as to why we didn't really need to, how it wasn't negatively impacting us, and how we're better off doing thing. And usually, not always mind, but usually it's complete and utter bullshit. See, regardless of actual physical dependency, as humans, our brains are lazy and they don't like deviation from the norm. Even if quitting is for your own good, your brain will trick you into not following through. And this is true of any habit. 

So I say give it a month a see where you stand. If nothing else it'll be a nice tolerance break and change in perspective for you. 

But one thing that I think can really help you change any habit or routine is simply to acknowledge that it is a brain thing. And you know what? You might feel a bit weird for a while, maybe a little depressed. That's okay. You can feel those things and still be okay. Life doesn't have to be a ray of sunshine all the time. Also get a hobby. I think for a lot of stoners weed is their hobby, making quitting for a while incredibly boring. If there's one thing you don't want to be while trying to change a habit, it's bored. 

4. ..And, why quit?

5. Lol I'm not quitting

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. I haven't quit but i haven't been smoking lately this is currently the longest time i have gone with out it in months and i understand where u r coming from its not easy what so ever. The only thing i can tell u is do something so u dont have the time to smoke and you'll eventually just forget about it... Or just sleep for most of the day like a cat

Smoke weed everyday

7. Because it's healthy to get an alternate perspective on your life sometimes.