Weedles first PC grow (autoflower) - 100w CFL - Northern Light Automatic + Royal Dwarf

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by WeedleTM, Oct 20, 2014.

1. What do you mean Piff??

2. Looks like you've got your pc inside a larger grow box. Why did you do it that way? To take advantage of the superior carbon scrubber? I like your idea of a few of us doing a Northern Lights grow. Sounds like fun! Only thing is for me, I won't be able to start my next grow until after I get back from an upcoming overseas trip in April.

But I'm def excited to start as soon as I get back! I'm going to start my soil mix in the next couple of weeks or so and let it cook until the end of April. That will be more than enough time for the soil to be ready for planting. How long did your last crop go for, from seed to harvest?

Yes you are right, its only because of the carbon scrubber. I have the same problem for April: not at home for a week, and I'm not sure if I want to wait till April until I start a next grow or make a DIY watering system to let the grow continue when I'm not at home.  :eek:

Did you allready plan the composition of your soil mix? I'm realy interested in making organic soil mixes.
    The time from seed to harvest for the Royal Dwarf was 13.5 weeks. The official strain information says 9 weeks, so she was 4.5 weeks "over time" haha  :ey:

4. #404 Boikola, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
    Hi, What about the smell of Royal bluematic compared to R. Dwarf?
    Thanks.

The Royal Bluematic is also smelling strong for such a small plant, but not as much as the Royal Dwarf. 

6. #406 kofidog, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
    G'day mate! I'd be interested to hear more about your DIY watering system. Something like that could be a godsend.  :hello:

Organic soil mixes if done properly are amazing. After the initial financial outlay, the work of mixing it all up, and the 3 or 4 weeks to let it all 'cook', it's all good from there. You just water - no worrying about pH, ppm, nute deficiencies or nute burn, etc. A lot of experienced organic gardeners on GC have said they even use the very same soil for 2 or more grows without noticing any deficiencies at all. And the plants look so bloody healthy! Most of the pics I've seen from organic cannabis has the leaves perked up with vitality (and every red-blooded male loves a perky girl, right?  :ey:).

Hi mate, its not really a "system", its just a plug for in the soil (attachment related).
    I really want to make a earth worm castings box so I can mix that with the soil, do you have experience with ewc?
    And do you make your own soil mixes?

Attached Files:

8. And the Royal Bluematic is downnnn!
    10.6gr total (1/3 ounce) wet bud. So I hope for 2 or 3 gram dried bud. 
    Now its time for drying and curing, more pictures will follow soon  :ey:  :ey:

Attached Files:

9. #410 Delta9Times, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
    Posted twice weird haha

10. Nice! When are you starting your next grow?

Re:EWC - I have a worm farm out in the garden which I started last year. This was the first time I ever did worm farming. But it's not too hard really. You just have to be careful about overfeeding the little guys. This will depend on the number of worms in your farm. I've recently seen some nice videos on youtube showing how to harvest the castings without taking out the worms, so I now have an idea of what I need to do.. 

And re: making my own soil mixes - yes, I've made up a couple of batches now. My initial outlay was considerable, but now I have leftover amendments that I can use in my next cannabis grow. Originally I did the soil mixes for my veggie garden. Doing organic soil is the bomb! I really don't like having to worry about ph'ing, ppm, over ferting, under ferting, etc. So these soil mixes are great, cause you just water and go! Check out this: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/a-few-different-soil-mixes.48965/ and also this: Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners. These links should prove helpful for you and get you going.  :metal:

I really don't know... In the picture the glass is lower then the plug, so it looks like it will create some kind of vacuum to pump the water to the plug. When they arrive I'm gonna test them and will report back here.  :p

Do you have a tutorial you have used for making your worm farm? Seems like a great idea and I can't wait to make one!  :D
    Thanks for the links, they have really interesting information. How did you mix your soil? Something like 1/4 perlite, 1/4 EWC and 1/2 soil?

12. If its not a problem..can you tell how much did you harvest from one grow since I plan to start a pc grow

I'm not sure what exactly you wanted to ask, so let me know if I'm right:
    The Royal Bluematic was 10cm high from the ground and yielded in total 1 bud of 2.5 gram. She was grown in a solo cup.

14. Hey man not sure if anyone mentioned this but from what i read they didnt. You had your lights way to close to your seedlings. I never put my cfls closer then 12 inches while they are seedlings.

15. When are you going to start your new cabinet grow?

Yes I discovered this also, thansk for noticing!

Halfway april :D

17. Nice man, that's going to be a solid cabinet