Weedles first PC grow (autoflower) - 100w CFL - Northern Light Automatic + Royal Dwarf

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by WeedleTM, Oct 20, 2014.

1. That little tree is looking pretty damn good man. Looks like she's got another week or two to go, looks nice an frosty :bongin:

2. Subbed this. I'm building my box for my first ever PC grow. Also gonna be using autos. Just not sure what soil/nutes I need to use. Suggestions?

3. Yes she will not yield much, but I'm sure the bud is worth it!  :D

Use some light soil, and you don't need nutes the first time, especially with an autoflower. I only used some voodoo juice in the beginning, and after that I never have feed her more nutes.

Can't stop making pictures  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

4. your older one has more than a week to go she not even swelling yet :) once you stunt them they can take longer but the pistels should receed and then she will.swell at that point you can harvest if the thricomes are amber but i dont bother looking untill.my pistels have rceeded :)

auto help page if you need help with autoflowers http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page sept please vote http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-09-03-autoultimate%C2%AE-loki_1752/

Thanks! Everyday I see some more pistels going orange, its nice to see the progression in it  :D

Attached Files:

6. Merry Christmas to all!  :D  :ey:

Attached Files:

7. Lookin' great, man! Have you decided when to cut her down yet? I just ordered my MrGrowPro today so as soon as it gets in, I'll start a journal. Growing some autoflowers as well. 2nd grow. Many more to come! Good job!

Thanks! I really don't know when to cut her down, I look at her at least 3 times a day to not miss the right moment  :D
    Always nice to see a new pc grower here, I will see your topic soon when you are starting! Do you have a journal from your first grow?

Photo update!  :metal:
    The Royal Dwarf is really fattening up the last few days! 
    But the Royal Bluematic is showing some weird burns/patterns on the leaves edges. Hopefully it isn't something really bad, fingers crossed  :hide:

Attached Files:

I actually don't. I built a stealth cabinet out of an old dresser, ordered some fans and set it all up. Ran Auto chemdog and autopounder from Attitude seeds. My chemdog died due to poor conditions and the autopounder only yielded about 14gs so it was kinda shameful. Lol, but it was a great learning experience and it was mostly due to the box not being set up right. Air flow was terrible and it got too hot. Not sealed correctly, but like I said, I learned so much! Decided it'd be cool to get another set up going but I don't need anything huge just for a 2-plant autoflower setup. 

Everything should be a lot better this time! 

10. Lovin this fat lil tree bro :)

11. Hey Kaleo, make sure you keep us up to date with your new pc grow! I'm also using a mrgrowpro for a single Jack Herer. She's in her 6th week of flower.

20141227_142705.jpg   20141227_142017.jpg   20141227_142610.jpg

12. I really want to see the end result of weedle's bud! Do you guys think if i simply planted autoflowers under sufficient cfl's in open air but indoors that it would work?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. You would probably have an way bigger plant than this. You should mind the smell tho, this little plant is capable of smelling through his whole house, even with the filtration it has...

14. #315 WeedleTM, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2014
    16g, thats not bad, I will not even be close to that amount with my first plant  :smoke:

Thanks man!

Nice LST dude  :hello:
    What is the name of the clips you are using to LST on the smartpot?

Absolutely, you will have more space to grow and more fresh air. Go for it!  :D

Yes exactly this, but I have learned why a skunk is a skunk  :smoke:  So next time I will go with Northern Lights.

Bonus!
    Close-ups from the Royal Dwarf  :smoking:  :smoking:

Attached Files:

Absolutely, man! How are you liking the LED model? I was torn between the LED and the CFL so this 1st one is a CFL utilized for autos, wondering if they'd like LED better? Looking good though!  :hello:
    It's a learning experience, man. Continue soaking up the knowledge and you'll double the weight next harvest!

16. The clips used are called binder clips, I was admiring the idea and will probably replicate it (eventually). Seems simpler than drilling holes in pots.

Thanks for motivating haha, I'm allready planning my next grow!  :D

I directly ordered some, they look like the perfect LST binders for smart pots. Thanks!

Update time!
    The Royal Dwarf was almost falling sideways, I think thats a good sign for producing more bud. So I used a bamboo stick to prevent her from falling down. This was also a good moment to measure the height, pic related.
    Caterpie told me he is using catbox carbon filter paper/sponge as an extra layer on his pc fan carbon filter. And its working great! I added 2 layers, and I notice no smell anymore.

Attached Files:

Hey Greenunit, thanks for chiming in! I haven't been able to check in for a day or so to reply.

I do like the mrgrowpro overall. It would be better if he had either put in a decent carbon filter or if he had made it so it was easy for the owner to do so. I'd also like to upgrade my LED light strips to a single, more powerful 100 watt LED (http://www.growcandy.com/growlights) but I'm no good with DIY stuff - I'd have to drill a bigger hole in the cabinet for the LED's power cord, and then re-lightproof. Not keen to play around with that... Maybe I'm just being overly ambitious?  :hide:

19. BUGGER!! I just had one of the light strips in the mrgrowpro fall onto my girl and it split the main stalk where I topped her down the middle! I've had to tape her together - hope she pulls through ok..  :cry:

20150103_111431.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of my attempt to improve the carbon scrubbing on the pc cabinet. It has helped, but I still get people saying they think the smell weed when they come over, so looks like I need to tweak it some more!

20150103_111641.jpg   20150103_115103.jpg