BHO making vs buying expense

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by derb, Oct 19, 2014.

1. I get oil for 25-30 gram and no hook up no matter how much you spend.
    Weed is 90 an oz for mids and more you spend the more you get hooked up. Oil is like 15-20% return so which would you guys do? I get oil from dispensary and weed from a dealer.

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
    grow your own weed

make your own dabs

pay pennies on the dollar

3. It's not that simple.

4. Well the *answer* is simple, direct and correct. That is the only way I know of to get the price-point for making oil lower than the market price for herb.  The problem is in the execution..I find myself asking similar questions right now only my goal is brick hash (and maybe wax who knows) which started with the end product (how to make it) and then how to get enough stuff to make it with so I didn't have to buy and this is where it became obvious that growing is the only practical solution. Now I am having to think about not just hash making but also grow systems, etc and the mind can boggle for the newbie. Or maybe the Sour D was extra good this morning, who the fuck knows, right? Cheers mate ^__^

5. 15-20% Return Seems like ALOT

Personally I wouldnt buy bud JUST to make concentrates, it makes no sense economically speaking

Only If I had a grow would I make concentrates, and even then I wouldnt make bho

Idk something about using a combustible fuel as a solvent doesnt sit right with me (Although I would consider ISO)

Id say old school Pressed hash is the way to go

6. Hash is my actual and personal favorite. It would also be the thing that would realistically push me into growing at this point. Just need a better feel for how a small-time person like myself could maximize yield (of hash-making; the growing has already been sorted out). Learn, learn, learn...if I thought for sure or even 90% sure that I could turn what I grow into usable hash I would be planting a sea of green or something tomorrow..

7. I pay 225 to 250 for a zip of good dank and 150 a q or 500 a o of room temp pull and snap or chilled shatter. So it's not feasibly possible to run bho for me because I could never get 50% return.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. This is the place to learn man!

Hit the Harvesting & processing sub-forum!

Also youtube has some great tutorials

9. Yeah I'm defiantly going to be growing when I get my own place. Making oil would help a lot with saving money up but idk haha. Guess I'll just wait

10. Yeah maybe 10% and I could do Qwiso which I've done before but BHO usually is better outcome. Flower is not an option for smoking for me because I'll have to smoke so much and I have asthma and dabbing inly have to take 1-2 hits and weed I take 5-10 hit

11. id get that oz of shatter lol

12. I buy an o of nug and a q of shatter every friday split between me And my brother

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. if you were gonna make it you'd either need to grow or know where to find trim dude. nug runs would get expensive

14. #14 ShatterWulf, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014

Personally if I was doing nug run I'd be pretty dissapointed if I didn't get at least 12-15%. That's coming from pretty fire nugs though.

15. I found out people are paying $70 a g for trim run around here, where I'm smoking free shatter.

16. here in florida my trim run looks better, taste better and is smoother than anything else I can find. Unless you are in a med state $70 is a pretty normal price for high quality bho

17. Everything is high (not in a good way) around here (Vegas). wax is 50 MINIMUM and up to 140 gm; was paying about 25 in Los Angeles just 8 months ago). The thing is Doc, this is a med state and prices for this are ridiculous.

18. I used to live in vegas. I have a friend getting good oil for 250 a quarter in vegas. Just got to find the right people. I find good oil everytime I go out there and never pay more than $80 a gram (I dont like paying that but those are vacation prices)

19. Doc I don't know if this makes sense but...been toking for several decades, been able to find cool ppl wherever I go, from Michigan to Texas and from Virginia to California (job took me all over), never had a problem. Then I moved to Vegas and can't find cool people here for shit, too many wanna do the gangster persona or just play games and I am too old for that crap. So I KNOW that there is stuff in this town to be found, there HAS to be (try finding a decent Z of hash) but the deity as my witness, I can't find 'em and now that I am home alot (disabled) I cannot 'network' like I used to...so I am stuck either making my own or dealing with the dispensaries...

20. Just save your shake or buy trim. Or just buy oil