Best way to clean glass

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by glasssnob860ct, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Idk if faster is the word though cause I clean my rigs in 10 mins or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. But I know what you mean. All my rigs are under 6" so it's easy for me to shake it and clean but if you had a big piece i wouldn't want to shake it around either

3. 10 minutes of shaking or 30 second to put it in, go to sleep, wake up and wash it out. its up to you but after trying simply green ill never use iso again. iso always left my pieces kinda cloudy. 

4. I've also noticed the cloudiness but honestly I believe it's cause by tap water when we rinse them out.

Let the water run for a bit before rinsing it out. I keep ISO around for more than one reason. Got a big 2g jug

5. I always get that cloudiness after I rinse my piece with water the first time. You just have to do another quick wash with iso and the cloudiness goes away

6. The cloudiness is from the minerals in the tap water. I only use bottled 0ppm purified water in my glass and warm iso to clean it. But I am not trying to cleab resin I am only cleaning reclaim

7. Acetone

8. when people keep saying simply green do they mean simple green? i cant find simply green anywehre

9. Simple green

Lemon or green. Warm it for better results.

10. Simple green is reusable. Ive used the same bottle to clean my pieces for years and it cleans them the same each time. Easy to strain the simple green too.

Unless youre reusing your alcohol, youre pouring money down the drain lol

11. #31 *guest, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014

Yes

[​IMG]

Simple Green is the bees knees as far as cleaners go. Shit is ultra concentrated, I mix it with water in a spray bottle and use it to clean pretty much everything in my house. 

I still just use isopropyl and salt for my glass though. Never had a problem with it. No reason it should harm glass, especially not high-end glass. A lot of people just don't use enough salt. People think of salt too much like a seasoning instead of an abrasive. If you're cleaning glass with it, you need a lot of salt in there. 

Also if you have white spots left over on your glass, those are hard water stains and you'll want to use something like white vinegar to remove those. Normal cleaners don't typically work on hard water stains. 

12. Grunge Off works wonders. It comes in a small bottle but I have been using the same bottle for about a year now. After about 4 months it gets nasty of ash and stuff. I simply attach a coffee filter and strain it then it becomes brand new again :)

13. Simple Green doesn't really work for me. Plus, it leaves a smell.

Iso + salt  + hot water rinses = best

Glass is non-porous. Test tubes are made from this type of glass. Test tubes are for mixing chemicals. Salt and isopropyl alcohol are chemicals. The glass will be fine. You just have to rinse it very well with hot water.

For baked-on BHO on dabbing rigs, the only thing that I've found that reeeeally works is Eazy-Off oven cleaner spray + time + hot water rinses.

The best advice is to buy a quality piece that has a practical and simple design that's made to be easy to clean. Avoid the multiple percolators and all that cartoonish shit. They get too dirty and create too many nooks and crannies for gunk deposits.