I Used the Wrong Soil, Having Moisture Control Problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Missus Something, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Hi, I'm a first time grower. I have 8 seedlings that I planted in moisture control potting soil, and now I'm regretting it and need ideas how to fix it. I planted my germs on Wednesday and haven't been able to water them yet because it's still way too damp. I have a box fan blowing close to them and 6 cfls about 4 inches above. Should I put a bunch of holes in the side of my cups for better aeration? Add more fans? I would really prefer to be able to re-plant them in better soil, but will that kill them? I figure if I am going to change the soil, it would probably be better to do it before the roots are too complex. Please, any ideas would be helpful because I think if I don't act soon I'm going to have mold/fungus issues. Thanks!

2. #2 gone4good, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    I suppose If you had to transpant a small plant just get a bucket full of room temp water pop your plantlet out and gently swirl it around in the water. .the soil will loosen and fall away from the roots...now you can carefully replant into a favorable medium.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Excellent, thanks for the idea. I've decided I'm going to go ahead and replant them before the roots are too complex, probably the best chance they have of making it. I was thinking the same thing about dunking them in water, I'll check back with results in a few days about how they take the move.