Are You Free of the Political False Dichotomy?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NorseMythology, Oct 19, 2014.

1. #41 yurigadaisukida, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
    no. Just no.

I did not vote for Obama by voting for Gary Johnson.

You really.Justin said that?! Fucking really?!

U wanna quote the definition of insanity?

"Doing the same thing (voting for the 2 party system) over and over and over and over and over and over and expecting tje ssame results.

Sorry if you vote Republican or Democrat you are just flat out retarded

-yuri

2. http://youtu.be/OAJCFfVAdUg

Who are you replying to? :confused:

The "Quote" button is your friend. :mad:

4. Voting for the Rent's Too Damn High party over and over is what's insane.  Reread your definition of insanity, find the error. 

5. Sorry fizzle, i was replying to cactus ed.

6. :D

7. #47 yurigadaisukida, Oct 21, 2014
    right which is why I stopped voting. Because most humans just aren't smart enough for democracy

-yuri

8. Yuri, to the dems we voted for Romney, to the repubs we voted for Obama, all the while voting for GJ. I wish i could figure out how not to cast 3 votes at a time.

9. So I'm the one you say has no understanding of logic when time after time you vote for candidates who have no chance of winning? You keep voting for the 2% guy out of principle, but logic says vote for the best person who has a chance of winning.  You're confusing logic with wishful thinking.  Stay home with yuri, you'll accomplish just as much.

I'd go further and say that it's simply immoral for one to force their preference upon another.

11. *spells duplicate wrong*

-yuri

12. #52 *ColtClassic*, Oct 21, 2014

I already reported this asshole.

* lol, doplicates

13. Yes, I live with it everyday. It would take a complete revolution to change things. Maybe a civil war IDK. We need to do to the dems and reps. what we did to England during the revolutionary war. Start a whole new country with a whole new government. The last civil war was fought over violation of constituional rights. The land of the free cannot have slaves. This is a scary concept. I am probably un-informed on a lot of things on this matter. Interesting topic though OP, thanks for sharing!

14. Thanks Colt, now i dont have to lol.

15. No logic doesnt say vote for someone who can win. In your paradigm you might as well not vote since your ONE vote really doesnt matter, just as you say mine doesnt matter. If there was only two parties i wouldnt vote, they are both responsible for mass genocide, plundering Americans freedoms and money. Tell me why would i vote for a party whose existance is detrimental to my life?

Answer me this, what percent would a third party need to accomplish before you saw them as viable option? Be the change you want to see my friends, if you wait for others to take the initiative, it may never happen. Change happens first in the mind and the more you think about it, the more you talk about it, the more you live it, the more it becomes actualized.

If everybody who justifies voting for the lesser of two evils either stopped voting for evil or voted third party it would make a huge difference. But, too many people follow this faulty logic. Circular reasoning is your problem. Third parties cant win because they dont get enough votes. Third parties dont get enough votes so they cant win.

16. #56 yurigadaisukida, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014
    Voting for the less bad candidate never once made change for the better

We have been permanently going down a road to ruin and people still say, oh its the other party's fault

Who's the fool? The one who can't get their head out of their aass and vote for a real candidate

And if you really want yo say, your vote for GJ was a vote for Obama, that's fine. At least Romney wasn't elected

-yuri

17. lol it's different results not the same results. oops.

18. I see we're not going to change our opinions on this. The 3rd party guy is only the lesser of three evils so I think you and I vote more alike than you believe.
    While voting for the lesser evil may not make things better, the more evil one winning certainly makes things worse.  Didn't you just say in another thread you were a strict conservative?  Yet you prefer Obama over Romney even now when everyone can see he's an empty suit with one agenda: to promote his leftist policies at any cost.  You get passionate about a thread on voting when you don't vote. You say we're permanently going down a road to ruin which implies we used to be better off yet you support Obama who has done nothing but move this country away from what it was and disparage Romney, the more conservative.  The only things consistent about you is that you hate on your country at every opportunity and you make personal attacks against those who express an opposing opinion. You have some good qualities too, I'm sure.

19. True. I'd rather abolish government
    I think you misunderstand.

I don't support Obama at all. But I think romney wouldst fucked shit up more

I do have good qualities and forgive me for flaming 99% of the voter base.

-yuri

20. I agree they would be the least of three evils but third parties barring maybe the green party have very little big money influence and they have no track record of sheer evil. I hope one day a third party gets popular enough they will get your vote. Speaking of you never did answer me, what % would they have to hit for them to be viable in your mind?