My first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gmoss2, Oct 19, 2014.

1. They've grown so fast. The two pictures are only a day apart

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413732549.455331.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413732564.958600.jpg

Any suggestions on when/what to switch to next? I'm on a 20/4 cycle with fluorescent but my light gauge say low even when I put it right on the light. It jumps up to normal outside but not under the light :(.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. By fluorescent do you mean CFLs? How many watts ya got?

Send us a picture of your light!

3. Those little seedlings look tough as fuck haha in surprised they don't have 6 packs on their leaves

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Looks ok for plants that size to begin with, I'd get a HID for the later stages of veg and flowering. Getting a quality digital dimmable ballast gives you more options. I've a 600w that dims to 400w, I use the 400w with MH for veg, then 600w HPS for flowering. But it depends a lot on your circumstances...

5. #6 gmoss2, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
    Digital ballast are the ones that can run mh and hps correct?

6. #7 noizviolation, Oct 20, 2014
    Yes correct.

Digital saves ur hydro, magnetic or digital will run both mh or hps. Digital is the newer technology

7. #8 gmoss2, Oct 20, 2014
    So if I get just a basic digital ballast it can handle mh and hps? Just wanna make sure because untill I sell my first harvest I don't have a lot of capital to invest lol

Ps do you have a ballast and light (both mh and hps) bulbs you would suggest? I will be transplanting all my plants to 5 gallon buckets in a week or so it will need to be enough to cover the length of 5 5 gallon buckets.

I will probably flower them at about 2 feet tall.

Also a good soil I can order online for my veg and flowering stages. The shops around here just put all the garden stuff up in exchange for Christmas stuff and I don't want to raise suspicion by requesting 50lbs of soil in the middle of North Dakota winters haha

Side note: I would like to switch to mh ASAP due to low level of light output by the fluorescent.

8. Side note. I just picked up a carbon filter and inline fan for odor and temperature control

9. #10 gmoss2, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413860840.046575.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413860859.151268.jpg

Noticed the leaves curling up a little I'm assuming because of under watering? The pots were a little drier than the others

Update. Moved the grow to a different closet for better security, added humidifier because our dry winter air. And only like 20% humidity in the closet.

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413861055.437442.jpg new setup with light raised.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413861089.815139.jpg and with light lowered

11. Also ordered mh and hps lights I want to do this right :)