Lets talk about parents

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by AgeOfParanoia, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Does anyone else feel like they have just completely let down their parents and feel like you haven't shown them enough respect for all that they do for you? Cause, and I know its not the same for everyone, but my mom has been my only parent. Shes been both mom and father figures for me and I feel like I could be such a better child for her. And I feel like shit that I can't do a lot to thank her for everything.

2. nope

i'm still alive :confused_2:

3. You're human and are allowed to make adult decisions. Take your mom out to lunch or something every so often. She will appreciate spending any time with you. Unless you guys had a falling out and are not on speaking terms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. It's every parents responsibility to be a good parent in many different ways. I don't think children necessarily owe anything to their parents but I would hope that children at least show appreciation to their parents.

I think the best way to make your mom happy is to be the good person that she raised you to be. It sounds like she raised you to be kind and compassionate or you wouldn't even care enough to make this thread. Live that way in your every day life and your mom will feel as though she did her job.

Obviously telling her how you feel and doing things for her is awesome too but the best way is to just live a happy, productive life.

5. Well I have felt that way but that was back when I was young and reckless. I used to be such a trouble maker and I'd cause so much stress for them. After growing up things have gotten a whole lot better.

I have learned that honesty goes a very long way and it is one of the keys to maintaining a healthy relationship with your parents. I love both of my parents very much and I think they are very happy with how I turned out both as a child and a human.

I got into a lot of trouble when I was in my teens. My mom was always there to bail me out, no hesitation at all. Any and all police encounters, she was there and helped me out. I've done a lot of stupid shit that makes me feel ashamed to be her son, but I've been trying to turn that around.

I managed to stay at my job long enough to get a sick ass promotion. Which came with a massive raise. So now I am just trying to stick with my job and not fuck up. Try to be sober (drinking) as much as possible. I'm a huge alcoholic but when it comes to MJ I manage to conserve it, unlike alcohol.

I don't care to say what I've done to let her down, but it's a lot.

She's done so much for me over the years I honestly don't know why she does it.

7. wow man I'm sorry. I'm happy for you that you're turning your life around :) good luck

Much appreciated :) I hope everything works out for you too. I got a fat ass check yesterday and I actually just bought an 8th today :)

About to go blaze and watch the new episode of Doctor Who  :metal:  :metal:  :metal:

9. haha hell yeah sounds fun. I'm just gonna chill out and watch movies and text the boyfriend...I'm broke :( no bud for me and I refuse to mooch so I gotta wait to blaze

I wish I had done more things with and said a lot more to my parents, but my father died in 2000 and my mother in 2002. It's too late now -- when they're gone, they're gone.

So do whatever you think you should do today. Don't wait. You never know which time will be the last time you see someone.

11. oh wow....I'm so sorry.

That's okay. They died of old age (not that that makes it any easier) and I'm old now myself. :(

13. :) you can't be that old. Either way we all have regrets, so you're not alone my friend.

[​IMG]

15. you have 6666 posts exactly right now

:eek:

Holy shit, 666 means the end of the world or something, right?

So what does 6666 mean?  [​IMG]  [​IMG]

17. since youve posted since then and nothing happened, we must have narrowly avoided catastrophe

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I make my mom happy by being happy. I don't talk to my father, though. He's a manipulative and conniving piece of shit. He never says a word to me until I have money, then he's all about family loyalty. Screw that. You have to earn that shit just like anybody else.

Don't feel pressured by your parents to do things you don't want to do. If they wanna get in the way of your happiness, cut them off. Just because they share your blood doesn't give them an automatic right to be part of your life.