(172w CFL|LST|SOG|Organic)Strawberry Fields Forever

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by VeritableHypocrisy, Oct 18, 2014.

1. #1 VeritableHypocrisy, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
    This is officially my place-mat thread for my Strawberry Cough plant that I am starting with seed from The Vault seeds. My previous grow journal will be continued, as I will finish it up at this thread.

Setup - Copied from my other thread.
    - CABINET A: __ The Vegetation Chamber

+- Dimensions: 24" wide, 20" deep, 28" tall
    +- Parts:

- 2x 23 watt 6500k Compact Fluorescent Bulbs
        - 1x Honeywell brand desk fan ( Circulation Fan )
        - 1x 4" generic desk fan ( Exhaust )

- CABINET B: __ Flowering Chamber

+- Dimensions: 30" wide, 24" deep, 30" tall
    +- Parts:

- 2x 40 watt 2700k Compact Fluorescent Bulbs
        - 2x 23 watt 2700k Compact Fluorescent Bulbs
        - 2x 23 watt 6500k Compact Fluorescent Bulbs
        - 1x 4" PC Fan Exhaust
        - 1x 3" PC Fan Exhaust
        - 1x Desk fan for circulation
        - 1x 60watt ceramic heat emitter bulb
        - 1x Home-made carbon filter fitted for both exhaust fans
        - 1x Thermometer & Hygrometer

Pictures soon to come, I will cover the plant from date of sprout, which is hopefully going to be within 2 days. 

2. Strawberry Cough? Sounds tasty, subbed! Hyped to see the progress

3. Thanks for the sub! I hope to get lucky with the phenotype on my first try. It's possible. Not likely, but possible. There's reportedly some phenos of this particular Strawberry Cough that actually taste right.

4. Not taking pictures until the leaves appear, but so far the seed has begun to push up out of the soil and is beginning to stand up. That's an extremely fast rate of germination. <3

5. Seed is now stood up. <3~

6. I'll tag along as I have some Chernobyl seeds just breaking ground..

7. Sounds fine with me! I'm actually quite excited. I've never had seeds from anything other than random bagseed I get, so I don't know what to expect in differences. I'm working on a bubble cloner too, as we speak, so that eventually I can take clones off it. It's going to be a mother plant.

8. [​IMG]

I've run this strain before as a store clone but thought I'd lost it when the cuttings failed to take.. A few seeds have turned up near the last of the buds I have of it.. I lost my Girl Scout Cookies in the same disaster and got it back the same way with a couple of seeds showing up in the very last few buds of it.. Both get high ratings from me in taste, stone and bud per plant ratio so I'm pleased to have the pair back..

I made up a Fays Coffee Can Cloner (FCCC) but didn't have much luck with making clones until I went with rock wool cubes and a humidity dome.. It's just to hot and dry in my garage to get an open air clone to take I think

9. #9 VeritableHypocrisy, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
    Well here's hoping the seeds are ladies and gentlemen, instead of hermaphrodites, eh? My current journal for my signature is this random bagseed from whatever seeds would germinate from an incident where they got ruined. So I had 2 from what may have been blue dream, which is my sativas.. As well as 1 which was a random seed from mexico.

I'll be placing my cloner in my veg box with my mother plant, so I think the temps will at lowest get 50 or so. That's a bit low for the clones, but I will see how it works. Also I live near 2 rivers and the ocean. Humidity here hasn't been 30% in a month. It's always 50+.

10. From all I've read and some limited personal experience if a plant just puts out a very few seeds late in flower it's a acceptable trait and they are all fem seeds.. So far that has held true as the 3 GSC seeds I turned up were girls..

11. Glad to hear that. That's a pretty cool trait.

12. Guess what! The seed shell has broken and fallen off, leavin' seed leaves~!

13. Take a look at the progress! Consider this journal officially beginning as of today!

This morning I took this picture.
    IMG_20141020_093127 - Copy.jpg  

This evening I took this one. That's fast!~
    IMG_20141020_195838 - Copy.jpg

14. Awesome progress!
    They must be some really great seeds - you must've got them from a top quality seedbank!
    ;)
    :ey:

15. Lol. I got 'em from you guys. That particular bean has been the fastest I've seen to germ, but I've only got bagseed to compare to it.

[SIZE=10.5pt]I was being facetious lol [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]J[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]You were supposed to reply – I got them from The Vault – the best seedbank in the world!! [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]J[/SIZE]

17. Oh, sorry. I can be dense at times and not get things that're obvious, so don't mind meh. Lol.. Yer, you treat people nice and people will treat you nice in turn as a person and company.

18. Nice!

Youre gonna love the strawberry cough! She's a delight to grow!

Wifes doin some raspberry cough in her grow journal! Ive got some of my own cough crosses and about 50-300 seeds of it on hand i might throw in some soil down the road. Really nice to see you got your care package and are growin some legit genetics. Nothin at all wrong with bagseed imho, but once you grow somethin proven, your heart tends to skip a beat :smoke:

19. I imagine yield will be much better, too. What I'm going to do is expand my veg chamber by an additional 2 bulbs and veg clones + mother plant under it. I'll take clones, top clones, when the tops get tall enough, throw it in flower, etc.