Mars II 400 AK48 Northern Lights

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by yum000, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Bloom Day 35...
    Looking good, though buds could be a bit bigger. I was running my lights at 12.5 on/11.5 off, reduced by 30 minutes this week so 12/12 now. Plan on subtracting 15 minutes in a week and the week thereafter to encourage ripening.  

Feeding today, 2.5 tsp/Gal Tiger Bloom, 1/4 tsp/gal Cha-Ching, out of Big Bloom so subbed with a few Tbsp of Buffalo Loam compost tea.

Been doing a bit of defoliating and removing suckers from the bottom part, not perfectly clean as you can see in the picture but as good as my knees could bear.

Both Strains have a finishing time of 7-9 weeks, AK 48 seems to be slightly faster finishing the last run I ran them both about 53-56 days. We'll see this go round how it goes, I'll start posting some Trich shots through my USB scope in a week or so.

View attachment 149252
    View attachment 149253
    View attachment 149254
    View attachment 149255
    View attachment 149256

2. #44 yum000, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2014
    Bloom Day 41....
    Looking good I think, colas have gotten a little bigger. I ran clear ph'd 6.5 ro water through them yesterday, rather than the day before like I said earlier.  

We've had a lot of rain in the area lately making the humidity levels too high to be ideal, so I'm running a dehumidifier 24/7 now in the grow room. 85F with RH 48%~52% at canopy level is the usual reading.  Bringing the daily average temp down starting tomorrow along with taking away another 15 minutes of light-one click on the timer. Oh,  and Happy Holidays to all  :yay: 

View attachment 149554
    View attachment 149555
    View attachment 149556
    View attachment 149557
    View attachment 149558
    View attachment 149559

3. Bloom Day 44....
    I'll get some trich shots up soon (...soon as I bother to get off my butt to take the portable into the grow room with the usb scope attached) They were watered yesterday with Molasses (1 Tbsp/Gal) water was 70 degrees, right about where soil temps are right now. We've gotten a break from the high humidity, yesterday it actually dropped below 30% outside, but it's only a temporary reprieve, rain is on the way. Being that I watered them though humidity hovered around 50%-56% at canopy level most yesterday with temps around 77-79F. Just checked, currently running 78F @ 47% RH late next week is shaping up to be Chop Day, I'm guessing Christmas Eve.

View attachment 149703
    View attachment 149704
    View attachment 149705
    View attachment 149706
    View attachment 149707
    View attachment 149708

4. Bloom Day 51....FINAL
    They received a final clear water flush on Saturday morning, almost completely dry, I'm running the lights for a few hours today then darkness until chop tomorrow afternoon. Plan to hang the whole branches up (after I've trimmed them) in the grow tent for the first week or so, first couple of days I'll run temps of 70 degrees RH 50% then 65 degrees RH 60% there after. The exhaust fan running continuously the first day and in 15 minutes intervals there after. I'm satisfied with the results from the Mars II and will be buying 2 more full spectrums to run 4 of them next grow which will be 2X2 Northern Lights and AK-48 - my two favorite strains obviously, I always grow AK48 because of it's strong sativa quality buzz, that and a few cups of coffee is a good way to have a productive day [​IMG] I like to change out the NL for Master Kush or Bubblicious from time to time. I'm also planning a Nirvana Freebie seed grow after that-no idea what they are, so that will be an interesting surprise.

View attachment 149936
    View attachment 149937
    View attachment 149938
    View attachment 149939
    View attachment 149940
    View attachment 149941
    View attachment 149942

5. Harvest & Trim...
    Well, I'm very pleased indeed with the results. I didn't include anything in the photos for sense of scale but all the hanging branches are the size of the average adult's forearm or larger. I've hung as many as I had clips for, the smaller buds are on the top of a mesh hamper with the other sundry clippings etc down below I'll have to turn those like a compost pile as it's a pretty thick layer. I've got three lines hung and kept the 3 plants separated by line, the front line is the Northernlights, the back two the two AK 48's under the Mars II's. The very back line was the AK 48 that was in the upper left quadrant -so hit by both sides by the other lights, this plant was the most productive of the 3. Now time to settle back for a buzz and night Christmas eve rest. Merry Christmas All!!!

View attachment 149982
    View attachment 149983
    View attachment 149984
    View attachment 149985

6. Very nice harvest! Wonderful start to Christmas Happy holidaze!

Cheers

7. AK 48 in the hand
    Smartphone pic of one of the larger AK 48 branches from under the Mars 2 before trimming the other day.

View attachment 150048

8. 3 Days into Dry...
    I'd say they've lost 60% of their moisture at this point, still a ways to go. As you can see on the thermometer (lower number) running 68F in the tent w/Humidity at 54%.

View attachment 150081
    View attachment 150082

9. Final Tally & Thoughts...
    The buds are 90% dry and my final tally on the weights of prime bud for each are as follows:

Northern Lights (Under the 1 1/2 2011 3 watt led but with it's largest branch leaning under the Mars 2): 52.6 Grams

AK-48 1 48 Grams

AK-48 2 59.9 Grams

So my final tally was about 2 oz per plant, about what I expected, but even accounting for the fact the Northern lights piggy backed off the Mars 2 per se, I was expecting a bit more out of the Mars 2, albeit, this is a very unscientific test and considering the price paid for the Mars vs the 150 3 watt lamp from 2011 - $500 I'm happy.