Miracles of rock dust

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by halfstoned, Oct 17, 2014.

1. from the handbook of soil sciences:
    24.2.5  Composting and Mixing of By-Products
    Composting  refers  to  the  process  of  stockpiling  by-product 
    materials  under  conditions  that  favor  decomposition  of 
    organic  materials  to  form  a  more  stable  product  for  use  on 
    soils.  Carbon  is  lost  as  CO2 during  composting,  resulting  in 
    a  loss  of  bulk  and  concentration  of  nutrients  compared  to 
    the  original  material  (Barker,  1997). 

Correct and contrary to the oft cited drivel that rock dust isn't 'organic' therefore there is no such thing as organic agriculture. A good canard as canards usually go but it falls flat on its face. A favorite weed forum strawman argument. 

Under organic certification a mined material can be 'approved for organic food and fiber production' but it certainly cannot and is not 'certified organic'

3. I think you should try some new type of, er ah "cultivar", of medicine. Smoking the same 'The One' (ooh ahh) has addled your so-called and self-described mythical, esoteric, "genius". Try some kushy kush or some GFBA. IDK if you'll be alright or not. I'm just a "stoner" so you might check with a real doctor.

You're a wannabe Lump who missed his chance in the bidnez. No need to get your panties in a wad.

4. #24 GiMiK, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
    Cant believe it falls on me to say this but.....

WHOA GUYS.

That goes for both of you and anybody reading this.

The facts you brought up are correct CC but the tone is far from being conducive to a reasonable discussion thats leads to informing and instead has devolved into egos and sh!t slinging. I understand you've been through this loop and countless others more times than you care to remember but please excuse the layman when we misuse terminology and context. You have done more for myself than anybody outside of my immediate family and friends and I believe I'm not the only one who feels that way. So to have someone that well respected turn a condescending tone towards you, even if you're wrong, imparts a bitterness that usually ends up being what was posted above. 

Possuum, you tend to be one of the more "on point" posters here most of the time. You usually point out the discrepancies over processes and materials that others may miss or simply ignore and seem to do so out of a desire to learn, which I applaud. However it is also important to inform about the correct terminology and context for said labels, as they matter greatly to those who know no other name and impart a possibly incorrect assumption unto that reader. What surprises me is that you're usually the one pointing this out to others and avoiding the ego drama. 

You both have provided some very informative and educational material over the years and I believe owe each other the courtesy of being if not nice than polite to each other and more importantly, the rest of us browsing this site. I'm not one to talk much about being wise but I would think you attract more flys with honey than vinegar...in this sense I'm referring to the people who come here anonymously to see what all the fuss is over 'organic', with much attention being drawn towards the factual statements, scientific and anecdotal evidence brought up here. This type of discussion detracts from that amazing ability to inform by creating drama, which is what this subforum is known for lacking imo. 

I dont mean to redirect aggression towards myself but please consider how others who are looking for information will interpret this down the road. 

Long live GCO!

:gc_rocks: 

5. I thorry. You now it goes with me. Somea the days Im'a on and somea the days im'a mora on.

Ill post a picture later that will sum it from my perspective......

6. GIMIK my grow-bro. Much respect to you my friend for calling me out. I both respect and appreciate you saying what I'm sure many others felt and I appreciate you doing so as nicely and eloquently as you did <a hat ip and a bow>. To my friends at GCO (the only place I travel on the internet) my sincere apologies for what is by my own count probably at least 3 faux paux commentaries in the past couple of weeks.

I will do better in the future and do my darndest to live by the attachment's solid advice to the Great Spirit that dwells in all of us.  :bongin:  :bongin:  :bongin: .... :smoke:

GC does indeed   :gc_rocks:

[​IMG]

Peace on all y'all mofo-grow-bros  :smoking:

Attached Files:

7. i would love to know if that sprout would survive for any length of time? anyone wanna give it a shot?    im out of dust myself.

:laughing:

9. You are awesome, GiMiK :)

TJ

10. #30 halfstoned, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
    Sorry guys havent been on in a while but im glad the drama got resolved ( thumbs up to gimik ).