Is ebola airborne?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dokc, Oct 17, 2014.

Wishful thinking. We got lucky because he actually sought medical attention..mind you he lied to Customs about his condition. How many people actually go to the doctor when there sick.

The great thing about this is we will know soon and see if your correct. Unlike some UFO conspiracy this will all play out in a very fast manner.

I am counting on the great culling of humanity! Place your bets people!

2. #62 *guest, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014

He sought medical attention but he was turned away initially, he'd been showing symptoms for multiple days when he was finally admitted, right? 

Since most of the people he came in contact with (aside from the medical workers who actually took care of him at his worst) have passed the 21 day point now, it's looking like your average citizen isn't really at much risk at all. 

I mean the situation in the African regions is very different. People looting the medical clinics, stealing ebola infected shit, I hear there are cases of family members making bribes to get back their dead loved ones so they can perform funeral rituals involving "washing, touching, and kissing of the bodies". It's really no surprise to me that it's spreading like wildfire in those areas. 

Duncan left Liberia consciously knowing he was infected. In fact Liberia wrote up charges for him..mute issue since he is dead. He by passed US Customs check on the issue by lying on the papers you fill out when you arrive in the US. He intentionally did all of this to get the care he would not get in the Liberia.

The very fact that he ever went to the hospital is a miracle. Every safeguard and there are none essentially were bypassed with ease. Anyone can bypass our safeguards because there is none.

That bumbling idiot from the CDC actually on a interview argued that charter flights can not do what commercial flights do.

4. People said the same bullshit about AIDS ("culling of humanity")

Notice how there isn't an airplane full of people with Ebola? Right, because it isn't airborne.

AIDS is a slow burning virus which takes so long to kill your butt humanity has developed treatments which greatly extend your life or if treatment is given very near when your infected you essentially test negative.
    Ebola is a fast changing RNA virus that mutates rapidly. It already has.

6. And Ebola is very fast to show symptoms. So tell us, why isn't there an airplane (or two) full of people with Ebola symtpoms? If it's airborne (as you say) and symptoms can show up within a week... Where are all of the Ebola cases?

Just for reference, what IS your expertise and background on infectious diseases and their transmission?

7. #68 BRZBoy, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014

Never said there was I am bitching that our Federal Governments allowing it to even happen is foolish.

The main reason why there are no legions on flights is because there to poor to even drive in a car. There actually facing the next stage of this crisis and that is widespread famine as the news is reporting no one is going to the farms to harvest the crops. Then there economy has imploded from all of this which compounds everything.

I never said its airborne it is most likely transmittable via coughing and sneezing most likely from mucus. The CDC on there OWN website states it. Every watched mythbusters on how much and far spit flys when you sneeze. Its actually phenomenal. The other episode thing that is phenomenal is when you flush the toilet you literally spray a mist of fecal matter into your house and you can swab detect it in any room.

As for my expertise I was in another life a US Marine infantry guy who then reenlisted into the Navy to be a Corpsmen and long have been a civilian. What is yours?

8. #69 *guest, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014

There is a very big difference between "possible" and "even remotely likely" :p

If it were easily transmitted by coughing/sneezing, I would think we'd be seeing symptoms in some of the people Duncan came in casual contact with while he was symptomatic :confused_2:

9. You have stated that it is airborne. Or at least you very vigorously stated that I was incorrect by comparing an airborne illness (H1N1) to an illness spread by bodily fluids and close contact. People are NOT getting Ebola from sneezes.

I work in educational travel and have *many* friends and colleagues in West Africa. People who I love, who are there. I have no more expertise infectious diseases then you do, but I've been getting many first hand accounts - not Alex Jones conspiracy bullshit.

10. #71 BRZBoy, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014

Good for you. I on the other hand have 100% confidence that my government will fail me. The Ebola Czar is proof of that. Obama is treating this politically. MSNBC even is throwing the race card in the pot on it.

So using what your saying you mean to tell me that 10,000 people who WHO says will be infected by next week...there figure not mine are catching this from handling the shit, blood of others? You honestly believe that? So those Africans are wallowing in the waste of someone who is clearly ill? There is a massive campaign right now to educate them or prevent this yet the numbers infected are soaring...which means there wallowing in human excrement and blood?

Yea right and pigs fly and my cat walks on two legs.

First hand accounts are like someone who bought something at Best Buy getting bad customer service then mass judging Best Buy on that. Its highly subjective. Chicago is a literal blood bath in terms of there homicide rate but its a great place to visit.

11. It is a hemorrhagic fever. Hemorrhagic - meaning bodily fluids everywhere.

To answer your question, yes that is exactly what I'm saying. I'm saying that the 10,000 mark will be because of people in very densely populated areas, living in very close quarters, with out luxuries like clean water and masks, and proper ways to dispose of dead bodies, caring for people and coming into contact with bodily fluids like blood and diarrhea.

In the same time frame H1N1 (airborne) infected hundreds of millions of people.

You have to put your numbers into perspective.

Doesn't have to be their waste. It's almost as if they religiously follow funeral rituals that involve coming into contact with infected dead people's bodily fluids. Almost as if there are conspiracy theories about foreign healthcare workers bringing the disease there. Almost as if people had protested treatment centers and threatened violence causing evacuations of healthcare workers. Almost as if some people there are still denying ebola even exists or requires any treatment.

Almost. Almost sorta exactly like that. 

Don't bother, this guy is fucking hysterical he's not thinking about this rationally. Ebola's been around for decades and there have been outbreaks before. People acting like this is the end of the world are just incorrect.

Not hysterical just bothered by things. Yes it has and as fast as it killed it went away. One of the reasons it was so hard to find the vector. It burned though the population very fast never to be heard from again for quite some time. 

People can act how they want that is not up to you.

15. There is an airborne sub-class of Ebola. Called Reston Ebola.
    But it is exceedingly rare, and studies have shown it does not affect humans. It does monkeys and other primates. The only possible way for Reston to happen is if it mutates in monkeys and begins to spread.
    Therefore extremely unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. I bet you... this EBOLA thing will phase out, just as SARS, just as h1n1, just as those other ones...now....go to bed sweety.

17. ok

-yuri