Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by BrassNwood, Oct 16, 2014.

1. #21 BrassNwood, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    Running low on hash I replaced the broken saw blade stub that is the weak link in the Hash Master 5000 and borrowed a Sawzall from TTS as mine is stuck on high speed and that's what broke the blade adaptor last time out..

[​IMG]

Started on the patio but the heat drove us into the shade soon enough..

[​IMG]

About 8 1/2 gallon jars of bud were consumed..

[​IMG]
    160 micron mesh.. About 1/3 of a jar of bud and several big chunks of dry ice..

[​IMG]

I had a piece of glass cut for the bottom of the bucket..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Goodness

[​IMG]

Net take was 7 jars.. I'll do a weigh out on a few jars tomorrow and see what the average weight they hold is.. I just transfer the harvest date tapes off the big jars as it's good to know what I'm smoking.. I'll track and label the hash caps as to the strain as well..

• Like Like x 3
  2. Im confused are u back to using a L bracket or still using a broke saw zall blade? Looks good tho bro!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. It's the same mated part of a saw blade bolted to the stub of the L bracket.. Still haven't found a better way.. It sure ruins a drill bit or 2 as the blades are near as hard as the drill bits..

4. I'm gonna have to brake a saw blade in half lol. I was at lowes the other day looking at there generic paint cans and like you said they were all metal. Also the inside was lined with this grey coating. Do you think I'll have rust problems or maybe even that grey coating chopping off into the kief due to the dry ice banging around? I'm hoping I find a cheap sawzall at the yard sales tomorrow. Where did you buy your mesh?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. http://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/reciprocating-saws/6-amp-heavy-duty-variable-speed-rotating-handle-reciprocating-saw-61884.html   29 bucks at harbor freight for a Sawzall
    I got my 160 mesh from the hydro shop.. He had an open set he made a deal on.. 20 for the bag I think and I promptly cut it up..
    I think that grey coating on the cans is a baked enamel.. Should hold up.. No rust issues as Dry Ice is carbon dioxide and has no water content at all..
    Grab a large band clamp from the ducting section at Lowes while your at it.. It should just fit a 1 gallon paint can and is the quickest way of mounting the mesh securely..
     Do wear gloves when handling the Ice as it is extremely cold and can adhere to your skin causing severe frost burns.. While my local super market does sell DI I get mine a few miles further away at the ice house as it's a much colder harder product lasting longer getting multiple uses from each large chunk.. A warmer softer Ice will turn to gravel making between run recovery of the big chunks of ice impossible..

• Like Like x 3
  6. The dry ice itself may not have water but the super cold temps it produces will condense moisture from the atmosphere to your material or paint can. Probably won't make any difference but there could still be a possibility of moisture ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Your local super market sells dry ice? That's fucking awesome.

8. I get it at supermarkets and ice cream shops

9. They don't sell it at grocery stores here. Doubt you could buy it from the ice cream shops. Have to go to places like Praxair

10. #30 BrassNwood, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    A few local growers met for some Memorial Day festivities and put the Hash Master 5000 through it's paces processing several shopping bags of trim and a couple of runs of quality bud..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Used about 15 pounds of Dry Ice and that large tub is all the spent material

• Like Like x 3
  11. So awesome! Sounds like it was a top quality meet.
    Very jealous.

Chef.

Same here in Quebec... nowhere to be found... Party stores, fishing/hunting stores, grocery stores, pharmacies... I've tried them all!!

The only place I found was Air Liquide and Praxair, and I have to buy 40$ worth of ice...  

It wouldn't be too bad if I had a couple of pounds of weed I wanted to make Hash with, but I usually only have about an ounce of leaf trim...

13. I assume you can store it in the freezer?
    Actually...$40 of dry ice is probably a fuck ton

14. Not in a standard freezer... it needs to be at -50*c otherwise it sublimates

It was a 15$ pound block or something like that?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ah. I sorta figured.

16. Im about to just fuking move to colorado or washington... lol

• Like Like x 2
  17. I think my local supermarket just stocks it for the ocean fishing crowd, I'm surprised your ice houses don't have it.. It's usually a 10 pound block for about a dollar a pound.. To be honest I do run about a pounds worth of bud at a time and with winters harvest nearing it's 60 day cure I'll be running more hash real soon so check back in.. Likely after this current round of summer plants get set out..

18. If you are still looking for a can without the grey lining, look at any business that mixes automotive paint to order.  They will have the cans you are looking for.   Most auto parts houses have them  i.e. NAPA, Auto Zone

Good Luck

MrBridge

19. Brass, great tutorial! Thank you for sharing!

• Like Like x 1
  20. thx for the tip bud