Closet Grow 14

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by cmgreenonetwo, Oct 16, 2014.

1. So I worked on it a little more.
    I guess less is more.
    The bigger lamp should be taken into consideration I guess.

Attached Files:

2. Looks like things are coming along!

I would use a "rubber snubber" or "bungy" to hold up the fan/filter combo to minimize vibration transfer

3. Yeah the fan is hanging from bungees. Hard to see I guess.
    It's not that loud at all. I play music constantly night and day so I can't hear it at all.
    It's pulling a lot of air into the space. The smoke from my blunt was my tester. Haha.

You guys think I should mylar the ceiling or leave it flat white? Still have some mylar left over. Definitely enough to do it.

4. I think I would do floor before ceiling that way any light that passes through has a better shot of being reflected up into the under canopy

5. Ok thanks.
    I was gonna by some black and white poly for the floor. A 10' x 10' Panda Film Reflective 6 MIL square is 20$ on eBay.
    So I will do the ceiling to then. Just didn't know if there was a reason that I shouldn't.

6. Gots me some lectriciteee WP_20141025_10_39_21_Pro.jpg

7. #29 cmgreenonetwo, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    Finished the ceiling. Light hanger arrived and I put in a few lighting safetys. Hopefully I receive the killawatt and thermometer that I bought tomorrow. Gonna do some testing before my the light that I purchased gets here. Light should be here by Halloween.

So I added up how much I have spent so far and it is 680$. American. The dirt and pots are next. After I sort out the water situation.

Man, if this law doesn't pass I'm gonna be growing some real nice tomatoes!

Attached Files:

8. Getting real close to the real deal now!

I live in colorado and it's 100% legal (on a state level) to grow up to 6 plants per adult 12 per household for recreational use! ;-)

9. yeah here it will be six plants but only 3 flowering at a time. If it passes. The laws here in DC are weird because we aren't a state. Basically everything that we vote on and everything that the City Council passes has to wait for a committee in the US Congress to either act or not act. If they don't act it becomes law. If the Republicans have their way they will interfere. You know what happens when they do something...nothing gets done. The votes are there to pass it. Last year the Council voted to decriminalize an ounce or less with only a 25$ fine as the penalty for possession. I was surprised that they let it go. This vote is different because it would be 2 oz and 6 plants.

10. we also don't have a vote in either the Senate or The House.
    It's Taxation Without Representation and it is Un-American.

11. Here we get The same 6 plants (3 in flower) but it's only buy 1oz for recreational and 2 oz for med card on person while out in public can publicly display or smoke it though but you can keep what ever your plants produce or that's my understanding of how it reads

12. Only an ounce without the card?

13. Dude lookin real nice brother! Awesome work dude!

14. #36 cmgreenonetwo, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    Thanks!

My Kill A Watt arrived. Plus my thermometer. It's 67 in my living room. 68.4 in the grow room with or without the exhaust on. Interesting. Maybe its too small of a fan? Well see what's up when the light arrives.
    Gonna see what this fan setup draws on the power.
    RH is 57%.
    Making some CO2 haha. I figured what the heck? Can't hurt. Just trying to see if it does anything although i have nothing to compare it to so it wont exactly be science. I'd love a real system but I am approaching my budget for this grow. Maybe next time (that's what she said). I want to try one of those buckets too if I can get my soil cheap enough.

Attached Files:

15. #37 cmgreenonetwo, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    So I finished with some tests of the room. It's really stable so that's good. The thermometer I bought has an outside and inside reading so I put the outside one near the floor and the unit itself about chest level. Reading steady 67.8 high and 69.3 low. Thought it would be reversed but it isn't. I tested the pickup next to the unit and the readings were identical. The humidity was 58 after the first hour. I put a small fan that I bought on the ground near the door. Two hours later the temps are the same and the humidity is 54. The fan hardly has any draw. So far my timers and fans add up to .8 amps. Looking forward to my lamp. Looks like its gonna be here tomorrow.

Had fun making the co2 setup haha. Like a science fair WP_20141027_22_02_38_Pro.jpg

16. Keep going. It looks good. Nice score on the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Thanks! It just arrived. WP_20141028_12_36_02_Pro.jpg
    And I scored this fan and organizer this morning on my way to eat. Somebody put it on the curb. Little cleaning and it'll be perfect. WP_20141028_05_59_44_Pro.jpg

18. WP_20141028_13_18_45_Pro.jpg WP_20141028_13_21_08_Pro.jpg
    555 watts draw
    Room went from 70 to 82. If I crack the door its 80.
    Gotta get this down. Gonna add another fan to suck in more air.
    This thing generates some heat and it all comes out sideways. I'm gonna raise the light some as well.