Not Identifying with the Self/Ego

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by schuy7, Oct 16, 2014.

1. So now you're going to try to switch from daydreams to dreams to not appear incorrect? That's nice.

2. I don't care if I'm wrong or right, I was attempting to show you the similar occurrence in all of this without leading you too much.

3. Why? What would be the point? There's all sorts of things that are similar.. dreams, illusions, distortions, hallucinations, beliefs.. but they're not necessarily delusions. A delusion is when you still believe a dream or illusion or whatever even after you've been shown one way or another that it isn't true.. it's rather specific.

4. here is a nice video on topic:

on 4:30 it says that every 16 days 75% of our body atoms are replace by new ones. (Mostly hydrogen).

So it should make it really difficult for you to identify yourself with just permanent and fixed flesh inside your skin. And its nothing mystical in that.

5. You can also do this with transcend meditation as well. I often thought like this plenty of times, when the individual meditates for a long period of time, the frontal lobe (nucleus of the ego) tends to be minimized and consciousness is more lucid instead of saturated with predispositions, mental heuristics, cognitive biases and therefore, the individual can see the objective without the influence of the sub-conscious. It's very obscure, but it's not impossible to eject from your conditioning.

6. #46 schuy7, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
    A tip I've been thinking about to not identify with the self is to trust your higher self. You don't have to control everything with your thoughts or you don't have to hold everything together that matters to you by stressing out. Live in the moment and make each moment the most important. Your higher self will guide you.