FLORIDA GROWERS- AMENDMENT 2 -NOV. 14TH

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Secret Jardin, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Polls don't mean shit....in fact, I'm glad the polls are showing a lower approval rate now than the unrealistic 80% that was reported during the summer. 

I'm hoping the lower reported polling numbers will motivate people to get out and vote...as I was afraid the higher polling numbers would have made voters complacent, thinking it was already a done deal.

I have early voted, as well as 4 other family members, my son will vote tomorrow....making 6 votes for YES on 2....

2. #22 SaltyWarDog, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
    6 from me as well, but I've also been spamming facebook trying to sway people with facts, one or two a day. I spent 20 minutes going over all the positives of MJ with a guy who signed a petition and got a few more signed.
    He is worried about the set up and I told him straight up amendment 2 is crap but we've been trying to get petitions signed for years (over a decade from the OG's) Sgtstank is right the bill is BS and a monopoly could be set up especially if Crist becomes Governor, Like CBD bullshit we have where you have to be a plant nursery for 20 years. but there is no telling what well get. no home grows means they want to control the supply. Blackmarket will live forever
    We live in the Republican south so it will be close, here's hoping to a toast later tonight

It won't be my system..I live in one of Florida's neighboring states - my state probably won't have medical marijuana system in place for another 15 years.

I, like many others in this thread, just want to see some type of progress..you on the other hand, live in a state that has had a medical marijuana law in place for almost 20 years, so of course you can sit back and say "this bill is no good, don't vote yes on it".

This is the first medical marijuana bill we've had anywhere in the south (excluding retarded CBD laws) - so yea..you can imagine that most of us are pretty happy to see a bill come along that might actually have a chance.

4. #24 SaltyWarDog, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
    /\\ /\\ /\\ That and if FLORIDA is the first to legalize, boom we got hold of the southern MJ bizz. FL will be at the top of the market but no one wants to look that far ahead in our own state government, Mecca of the south

5. Didn't pass guys. :(

56.64% yes 
    43.36% no.

The polls are closed, but are still counting votes :p it ain't over just yet!

Oh cool! The website I'm looking at says the votes are counted, guess I need to find a new one :p

8. I fail to see how that would mean that it didn't pass.....? I'm fairly certain that 50% is more than 40%...? Or am I just not seeing this right? Or am I too far gone for this....? 

It needs 60% to pass - which is kind of retarded to me I don't really understand that.

That's not how a majority works? What the hell? Sometimes I wonder how shit got so stupid.  :confused_2:

11. Yeah I really don't understand it either.  :confused_2:

12. It's a constitutional change...needs 60 percent of the votes to pass. Sorry to say it didn't pass :(

13. It doesn't really bother me any. I don't qualify for med anyway, unfortunately. It's just a bummer. Way behind the times, ignorance is everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. That's not the point.
    Medical basically = recreational.
    If a majority of states have medical, that directly conflicts with both federal and the scheduling.
    That would require a revelation. Forced reevaluation would, 100%, remove it from schedule 1. And such would likely lead it to recreational similar to that of alcohol. I thought that was the driving point. 

15. It's really quite unbelievable how this system works

57.48% (3,287,585) - YES  

42.52% (2,432,319) - NO

Almost a million more Floridians vote yes on 2, yet it still doesn't pass.

Lmao

16. back in 06 we passed an amendment requiring amendments to get 60% of the vote to pass. Sure it can be useful against shit like 3, but as it killed 2, I believe it needs to die.

Florida fucked up.

Bondi re-elected
    Scott re-elected (how the flying fuck)
    2 wins by landslide but not a big enough one to win

That's some stupid ass shit lmao

18. Fuck it. Let's shoot for recreational use in 2 years.

19. #39 SaltyWarDog, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
    I can understand Scott winning to Crist but Bondi and all but 2 of the House reps got reelected if congress is so bad why do you vote for the same people. I need my Machine gun issued to me again so I can thin the herd. 2016 here we come

since i lived in Florida I labled that state as a place where people go to do crimes...thats why you needed such a big outcome. Personally though this whole voting % thing doesnt make any sense once so ever. Its like they are bad at math or something. but this is why people get pissed cause the numbers say different but what the answer really is, is still no. But yeah.. Amendment 2 was crap. but at least get your foot in the door right?