WHAT AM I?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Cen_Cal_Care, Oct 15, 2014.

1. when it comes to religion i was raised christian but stopped goin to church when i was 17. I have seen the movoe zeitgiest and completly agree with it so does that make me a athiest? I have never really look into how many religions or beliefs are out there so im hoping for some helpful pointers. thanks guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. fuck labels.

be what you want.

3. lol im still trying to figure it out i really do not belive in jesus christ but i do think something out there had to create everything.

4. sounds like youre agnostic m8.

1. \t\tAgnosticism is the view that the truth values of certain claims-especially claims about the existence or non-existence of God, as well as other religious and metaphysical claims-are unknown or unknowable.
      \t
      \t

5. Sounds like you're still looking for someone to tell you what to believe. Nobody knows all the answers, all we can do is rule out previously plausible possibilities with science and keep dreaming.

And if you believe something created everything why does it matter if it's name is Jesus Christ or Allah or superman. Creationism is one belief regardless of religion IMHO.

6. thank you that gives me something to look up and figure it out.

7. #7 freethinker, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    I agree, no one can tell you what you are.  Only YOU can do that, and only YOU can convince you of what you are.  Do some self-inquiry and find out for yourself what you are.  Just google or youtube it.  It gives you pointers on how to discover yourself. 

8. #9 Messiah Decoy, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
    If you believe there is a creator but you admit you don't know the specifics then you might be a theist.

the·ism
    ˈTHēˌizəm/
    <div>noun

1. \t\t<div style="margin-left:20px;">\t<div>\t<div>belief in the existence of a god or gods, especially belief in one god as creator of the universe, intervening in it and sustaining a personal relation to his creatures.
      \t
      \t</div>\t</div>\t
    </div></div> 

Now this includes many major religions but it also includes people who believe in a creator without an allegiance to any specific religion.

9. There needs to be a label for people who believe in a creator without committing to any single religion.

I like labels. It makes advocacy much easier. 

10. What are your thoughts on capatalisme, feminisme, zionisme etc. That way you know more about where you stand in live and maybe figure out who or what you are.

11. You're an agnostic theist. Possibly a deist depending on how involved you think the deity is.

12. Theist is the term for someone who believes in a deity/deities.

Deist is closer to what I was describing, someone who believes in God but doesn't believe in religion.

14. Deism falls under theism. You can believe in a god that interacts with our world without being religious. Theism is a blanket term in the same way atheism is, it just covers a lot more.

Theism includes religious people.

Deism does not.

If some one believes in God but not in religion then they a deist.

Calling them a theist suggest that they could be religious. You avoid such confusion with the term "deist".

16. if you believe in a god, ANY GOD, then you are religious...saying someone believes in a god but is not religious is misusing the word....

the word religion is defined as "the belief in a god or in a group of gods"

its just a term for people that believe in god, its a broad term....

17. Okay so what do you call someone who follows an organized religion?

18. A person that doesn't follow an organized religion.. Don't get caught up in trying to label yourself, those who do usually label others as well.

19. #20 -13 Amp-, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
    A religious person...doesn't matter if its a mainstream religion or not, if you believe in a god or gods you are religious...

Remember being religious doesn't mean you believe in every god or religion out there, you just believe in A god or gods