High Talk - Ebola.

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by AZIZI88, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Why not have a lock in lock out in place?

2. #2 xLDKx NewYorker, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    Thousands dead in Africa, and the media conglomerate manages to get American's paranoid about 2 people...
    Also, what are you trying to ask... I'm confused

3. Well why not lock those infected in Africa and lock people out of Africa to stop it spreading?

4. Well from a disconnected point of view... Because they would still be able to go to Europe, for example, and catch a plane here.
    From a realistic pov... It would be in violation of people's rights, I mean I agree most of those countries are shit stains on the planet... America is just a bigger shit stain that smells moderatly less terrible

5. What if everybody locked them out lol.. Wouldnt it be a violation of peoples rights to have them amongst those not infected?

6. Locking them in won't do anything but kill thousands more and make assisting, those who are sick, harder.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well doesnt isolating them save more people???

8. That would require them to go through every person in Africa and sift infected from non infected, force the non infected to leave then find some way to contain an entire nation, which would be basically impossible unless it was run like a war camp. Just doesn't work out.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Not necessarily. You will contract the virus by working close with the infected or sifting through their bodily fluids.

Washing your hands would be a better preventative measure than shutting down the borders to an entire country.

• Like Like x 2
  10. #10 Tokesmith, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
    Ebola isn't a concern. It's hard to contract and with proper medical care death isn't likely. The media is just hyping the situation.

Unless you eat bushmeat, I wouldn't worry over Ebola.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Media is good at that isnt it lol bullshit artists.

12. I think Ebola is a Big concern. That's why it was so simple for a nurse to get it by fucking up with protocol after treating an Ebola contractor.

I think like this....
    If it's so simple to get Ebola then what if it gets into the city's, public transportation..... Everyone will start getting sick at a fast rate.

What's going to happen when there are no more spots in the hospitals for Ebola patients because they obviously need to take steps on treating it.

Hospitals in Africa are packed to the t. If the problem keeps spreading through the states then I'm positive it'll become the same as Africa. Unable to test every ill person thus sending the remainder of us to our graves.

Spread the love not Ebola & Smokeeee Weed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'll be worried if it mutates into something airborne.

• Like Like x 4
  14. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413694959.544885.jpg

15. Eat right!! i think only 50% of infected people died in africa and look how malnurished they are. alot of these viruses could of been avoided if we werent seperated as nations and looked after everyone equally with water and healthy food available worldwide. stay away from vacinations and if you dont survive it is the universes natural selection proccess

Watch The Trews if your ready to do something!

Noob Grower any Advice is Welcome

manolito #1
    dator
    Brave
    hash balls

• Like Like x 1
  16. I agree, Sept.for the avoid vaccinations part.

-yuri

17. because that's akin to dumping am ocean on a camp fire

Ebola isn't the zombie apocalypse

Overreacting is just as bad as getting ebola. Think of Tue economic impacts of quarantineing an entire continent

-yuri

18. probaly me just bein paronoid but id be weary takin any vaccines they offered especially if they decide to start doin mandatory vaccines

manolito #1
    dator
    Brave
    hash balls

• Like Like x 1
  19. The one part of the Ebola issue that I do not understand is the fact we have an experimental vaccine for this disease, a disease that had only killed about 3000-4000 (known) people since the discovery in 1976, yet we do not have one for many other and far more widespread like HIV.  I realize this is suggesting an oversimplified view on immunology and related topics, but at the same time I can't understand why research dollars were being put into something that was nothing more than an occasional news blurb in the 80's and 90's.  There are a number of other hemorrhagic fevers and deadly diseases, have they developed vaccines for these as well?

20. my theory is that america is gnna start putting the fema camps to use, the patent for the vaccine was started in 2000 i think created by bill gates who already thinks depopulation is needed

manolito #1
    dator
    Brave
    hash balls