Seedling leaves are folding downward

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by sn420, Oct 15, 2014.

1. #1 sn420, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    Does anyone know why my leaves are folded down? As you see in the picture below.

Although, I did gave it nutes in the first week; I only gave it a very small amount (1/4.) So I don't believe it's nutrient burn (unless you all disagree.)

I'm coming up on my second week and the plant's growth doesn't seem as big as I thought it was going to be. 

** I did start out my seedling with a big CFL light, instead the last time it was with a 400w mh. So I gotten used to see how much faster it grows with HID. 

Because it's not growing as fast as I think it should, I had my 150w CFL as close as 1" from the plant. I felt as if this could've stressed the plant a bit. I even saw a little white bleaching of a spot on the leaf, so I've now moved the light further up about 4". 

These are just my assumptions and I need to know if some of you know what the actual cause of this is. 

I'd appreciate the help!

Attached Files:

2. You dont need to add nutes yet,the coloytoldon has food for the seedling to get it started, "week 1" of veg is not 7 days from the time it sprouted, week 1 veg begins after there are 3 or 4 sets of true leaves

3. I'd put that starter plug a helluva lot deeper in the hydroton. Your going to have roots poping out on top of it if you dont.

4. #4 sn420, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    haha, yeah I originally did have the rock wool in deep, but I think as it grew roots, it started to push its way up. 

Do you think it'll be fine if I pushed it in further?

5. I have 1 that is 10 days from seed, its leaves did the same as yours. I'd been watering with ~400ppm of this Clonex clone and seedling stuff w/ ratios of 0.5, 0.5, 0.5 or something like that and it was too much too soon. Flushed with just ph'd ro water until the runoff came down from 500 to 200ppm! Just water is enough until it tells you otherwise. (About 2-3 weeks from seed)

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1329219-My-2Nd-Real-Grow-Attempt%2C-W--Pics%21-Bubble-Cloner-clone-Machine%2C-Dwc

6. When mentioning PPM. Are you including your tap water also?

Mine is 255ppm at the moment (w/o water)