Drewdogs 1st coco dance

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by drewdog420, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Yeah they're like 2-3 weeks in. I'll have updates soon. They're monsters!

2. Blue dream about 2-3 weeks
    Blue dream
    Another bd

Attached Files:

3. Looking good!!

4. That's a huge bd. if you haven't, have you tried trimming/ thinning them down a lil bit?

Here's some of the bd from my first coco grow.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417979387.680924.jpg

5. Yeah I tried but she just kept going up. I'm gong to try the pinch topping method next go around. Seems to shorten and fatten out the bud structure a little more

6. I told you.. Pinching is the shit I have never once used anything but my fingernails to top in my life, you'll see..

7. dito
    i have found it easier to veer away from growing sativas indoors. Kushes and purples are the best IMO ;)

8. Do you just pinch the tops? I've been struggling to keep them as uniformed as possible, I'm topping some.. Lst on some.. I have a mixture of sativa and indicas so that's not helping

9. I try to keep a variety since that's what my patients want but your right I don't really like doing sativas indoor due to the stretchiness and they take forever to finish. I once had an amnesia haze go like 12 weeks

10. Planted 5 cheesequake seeds today. Pictures soon to come of my girls in flower. It's amazing how fast coco grows and how fast it flowers and packs on weight. Have a few around week 5 and just added canna pk boost. Well see how that goes

11. Yeah thats what I'm miss in coco man the roots and growth but I love this organics too

So are you saying pinching off tops performs better than than cutting them off? If so, why would that be?

13. just my opinion here but when you top you cut the growth tip off with a sharp blade leaving an open wound that takes time to heal causing growth to stall slightly. This also results in considerable development of side shoots across the plant.

If you pinch the growing tip off you squeeze the 'wound' closed and the two new leading shoots take off more rapidly. This does not affect the overall structure of the plant as much and replaces the one leading shoot with two.

14. I believe this guys advice is bad.  Keep everything on.  I think they look too thin as it is.  (NOT AN INSULT)  They look great but I had great results leaving everything on.  I will never defoliate.  Slight lollipop, but no defoliation.  Sorry for butting in, but just wanted to give my 2 cents involving my own first dance with coco.  I am convinced I could have hit 1 gram per watt had all 6 of my plants been in coco. 

I do think next time you could benefit by better training.  You got a lot of tops, but you could have gotten twice the amount of tops with better training. 

15. I've topped a couple of times n all kept growing fine plus sum times I get a top out of the cut just my 0.02

16. ^^ this is what I'm saying, also pinching is just way easier, but whatever let these whippersnappers figure it out for thenselves.

17. I don't like topping but it has it times more of an LST guy myself like to leave plant intact so I'm with u guys. Now I'm just saying I often will pull branches when I LST and they rip away alil and other injuries my plants really never stopped or slowed down to much at all they are weeds. Same with us we get cuts all the time as long as it ain't they big its all good

18. The whole reason I love G. C. is the fact that a newbie like myself has access to experienced and creative gardeners who are more than willing to share that experience and creativity thus saving me wasted time, money, and dissappointment through trial and error. The fact that some gardeners here don't have that disposition and would rather the noobs figure it out for themselves is unfortunate, but tolerated due to the overwhelming helping mentality that exists here! Go Grass City!

19. #180 HTownBudz, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
    What up Drew, I been slacking and lurking all at once. Lol....love anything Cheesy, can't wait to see what ya got going on buddy.

Mainly pinch myself, but patience is your best friend in growing. If you have that, you can top, pinch, hack, break, ...and 9 times out of 10 that shit grows back better than it was in the first place. Lol