Nonfictions Adventures

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by nonfiction, Oct 14, 2014.

1. #501 gorilla grower, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
    Big lights = big ?????? BUDS!!!!
    Also heat and hum probs but I'm sure you know this, can't wait to see your harvest with all the watts😎

Why do we call it the third eye? When really it could be the first

2. Okay sooo im torn, I took out my shitty 150w hps light with built in ballast and honestly there's no heat anymore, my living room would be 24 when set to 21.5 because fan exhaust would heat whole apartment, now i have taken the 150w out, hung the 400w ballast with a 360w conversion bulb with new 30$ reflector and there's no heat, 

SO THE QUESTION IS

is the extra heat atleast 5 degreees celcius in tent, atleast worth 150w on a canopy that's only like 1.5x3 feet big? like the 400w reflector easily covers the plants, i would almost be forced to stick the 150w vertical near front of tent, but im thinking its not worth the heat, but may have a different kelvin temp spectrum than just my conversion bulb.....

3. both lights = water multiple times a day, with only the 400w i can go a day without watering and my coco will still be heavy to lift, wet.

4. #504 nonfiction, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
    it's that much added heat, no exaggeration... im actually dumb founded twice as much heat and like a 1/3 of the power, course my ballast is so far away from tent i should take a picture of how it's wired for lol factor, i also used speaker wire ahahaha my dads a tradesmen, i'm a carpenter kinda so naturally we made due with what we had, he used it to grow a shitty plant when i was little, when i grew up i wanted to continue the tradition ;-)

so it is an old mh ballast :p buttt using a photography light meter i got the same lighting from muchhh farther away creating a huge canopy of light, like huge....

5. Interesting, you'll have to find a tech guy to answer those q's tho

6. Gosh man you get real bushy olants👍

7. Stress free life, is a must, IMO LITFA haha you'll get it soon mate, just keep learning,
    I really can't wait till I can grow under lights haha

8. This is all I have, it might help, twisting is humidity tho I think,
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427439532.027130.jpg

9. My ph meter was off so I think that was the cause of the weird leave thing, anyways I'm home alone for once so gonna do a good update tonight, starting with my big clone, delicious#1

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427585851.391879.jpg

Sort of dark but bottom is starting to yellow and fall off so I'm not sure what to do, I think it's been flowering enough now to where I don't want to cut anything off but idk if I should give a big feeding or what, right now I've been doing like half of what the bottle recommends my advanced nutes flowering with a big of monster bloom... But look at my tips

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427585969.665322.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427585981.436897.jpg

Side view

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427586063.792038.jpg

Very long bud sites

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427586094.324076.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427586138.963782.jpg

My journal http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1337855-Nonfiction%27s-Adventure%27s

10. #519 TheAnswer121, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    yea man, whenever you see any deformation of the leaves, assume ph first

that's the #1 culprit 99% of the time

lookin good

with just the one plant, you'll be fine with the 400w

mine is covering 3 huge monsters at the moment (and 2 little ones you can't even see [​IMG] ). i'll actually, probably, have to throw the 600w and find a way to deal with the added heat once the flowers start coming in
    View attachment 1730864

11. Ive got two flowering clones, the second is much smaller but was same size as other, just idk didnt grow as well which is weird considering same climate, feedings etc.... just too lazy to upload pics its significantly smaller than the big one :p