Cars over 250HP?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by NeverMistakeMe, Oct 14, 2014.

1. I said get IRS if possible. Independent rear suspension. They are on cars like vettes and sn95 cobras and fox body SVOs. And all the imports as well. Its for handling. Having a 300+ torque motor in an easily upsettable live rear end is bad news in rain/snow or lack of experience.

Having a high torque motor rwd regardless of suspension is always going to be bad news compared to others in rain/snow. Don't even really need torque in the equation just due to the fact of the rear pushing the front instead of the front pulling the whole car. As for hitting bumps and upsetting the rear, maybe when youre track riding hard in a curve but not so much in daily driving and horsing around. My rwds rode smooth over bumps as any fwd or awd. Wheel hop was my biggest pitfall with rwd but with experience it was no problem.

I feel there's a lot more to learn with rwd but when you've got it down they're a way more exciting ride than a fwd.

3. Fwd is boring. Rwd you fight for traction , awd you have to slip the clutch just enough not to ride and burn it, also while not fully engaging and bogging down

4. I'd say get an old Chevy, rwd, big Ci, twin turbos, big tire, and drive it like you stole it. 
    If you can't drive in the snow, move south, WAY south.

5. #25 RELAXiMADOCTOR, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
    You all have no sense of utilitarian, huh?

Buy a jeep, and all your issues will go away. Expect for owning a Chrysler product.

My XJ puts down 346hp to the wheels.
    I can beat you to 60mph, pit maneuver you, then drive on top of you...

It's a fucking honey badger; dare I say nuclear cockroach? Amc 242. Torque out the ass, reliable and I can fix it with a bottle of WD-40, three zip ties, duck tape and 2x4.
    My drive train set up is selectable. Hmm, I want to go crawl mount Fuji, done. Oh, I wanna impersonate a gay person, all I have to do is remove 8 bolts, (drop the rear shaft) and now I'm pulling faggot ass with front wheel disappointment. And yeah, it drifts. But, u joints and axle shafts hate when your 35 "bfg finally gets traction.

Attached Files:

6. Wrong dude: only two 'stangs have IRS- terminators,and the new 2015s.

7. #27 Weedology, Oct 25, 2014
    I have a 2002 saab 95 aero which comes with a nice stock turbo with 250 hp exactly. They sell for 4-5 grand for one in good condition. You can add a new turbo from a euro parts store for like 200-300 get it installed and tuned and your car will be fast as shit for a daily driver. My saab is extremely good when it comes to the snow and cold and has great speed to it as well as good gas milage.
    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Still fwd tho... But I do love Saabs especially the viggen

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

9. #29 invinciblejets, Oct 25, 2014
    I would never acknowledge a car without irs to me it's not even worth discussing in my mind all cars have that so even saying i need to have IRS is like telling me I need doors too.
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

10. finance a base model new Camaro or Mustang from Enterprise or Carmax.. those V6's are rated at like just over 300hp. 

11. #31 lobsterclaw, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
    my 425HP RSX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktrzUSJL8r4

boost by gear setup 

5lbs in 1st
    8 in 2nd
    12.5 in 3+

No traction issues :D

12. Fox body mustang 5.0 with a few mods

13. All 99-04 sn95 cobras have IRS.

14. Correct, I just refer the 94-95 as sn95 99-04 = new edge. So my bad, you were right. Svo's still got a 7.5" live axle.

15. Old 300zx

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. 2006 Mini Cooper S which is supercharged 15% pulleys, Alta air intake and chipped with alpine maps pushing 256whp 194lbs of torque and 17psi of boost working on getting an AWD kit now to make from FWD to AWD and very reliable it have 157,000 on it now

17. Get a Volvo S60R/V70R or T5M, both can be had for around that price. Or any beater car you can pay a few grand on and spend the other 4-5k on upgrades. You'll get the power your want that way like everyone is saying.

18. 300zx