how to build this and an idea?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by nickeaz, Oct 13, 2014.

1. So I had this kura reversable bed, http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80253814/ and I modified it to look like this: (actually, this is the exact picture i just took lol) check the attached pic (I hope you guys see what I did here, I didnt screw the bed frame in where it is suppose to go, to screwed it in on the very top of one of the sides, that way the other side has the most open area, please tell me if im not explaining enough.) anyways, so the dimensions are  Length: 78 3/8 "
    Height: 45 5/8 "
    Width: 41 3/8 " and i figure -2 inches from height just because where i had to screw the bed in. so I'm gonna go around this thing and completely enclose it with plywood right, I know how a box is built. but is this worth it because of the height might be restricting, or do you think with a good scrog or something of that sort i can still pull a good yeild off? i planned on dwc bubble buckets, so what im asking is; is this worth it? to buy the wood and build a door for it? buy the mylar etc everything I need, or just buy a full kit ready to go off of htg or something? and if i did use this, how many buckets do you recommend? 5 or 3 gal? what light wattage? etc? if anyone has time to chit chat with messenger that would be great too!

Attached Files:

2. what your gonna do is go out and get a watering mat(blackwhite plastic anything thats will hold water) that is slightly bigger than the bottom of that,
    then staple it around the corners about 6 inches from the floor, so no water ever touches the rug
    10 dollars

mylar for that area about 10 dollars also.

that area 1-2 leds 150-300w each. (smaller bill)70-200dollars
    or 400w hps max.(cooltube) (huge bill).50-80 dollars

You will need a carbon filter also preferably on the right bottom back corner.

wood piece 20 dollars.

taking sound into consideration, if thats the front door. forget about it.

3. Just get Mylar blankets which are a few dollars for a few on Amazon and tape it for reflective

4. what kind of yeild should i expect if i used led compared to hps? and to previous poster, are you saying i dont need to enclose it with wood? if I lined it with mylar and just made it light proof would it be ok? anyways, the previous post didnt quite answer the initial question
    FOR THESE DIMENSIONS GIVEN 
     Length:78 3/8 "
    Height: 44 "
    Width: 41 3/8 " 

WOULD THIS GROW EVEN BE COST EFFECTIVE WITH THAT OF A HEIGHT RESTRICTION? IF SO WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST POSSIBLE GROW TEQNIQUE YOUD RECOMEND?

5. actually; i was using this as a bed, but wouldn't it be perfect if I wood paneled the whole thing up, with the water floor still as suggested before, and just stood the mf on it's side?? I'll just go get me a new bed.so then my dimensions will be :
     height:78 3/8 "
    length: 44 "
    Width: 41 3/8 " 

how are those dimensions? and what wattage light would you recommend?
    OR - should I go and pick up a refridgerator (top door freezer bottom door fridge)

[​IMG]
    keep in mind the fridge is free off CL :D
    and as far as dimensions on it; they were not provided.
    but for this i could build a veg chamber up top and a flower chamber down bottom, compared to if I build this flower box off of the ikea thing; i would have to figure out an alternative for a veg chamber.
    So: more cost effective to tear apart this fridge and make it a top(freezer) veg/bottom(fridge) flower, or more cost effective to panel up the box and make it a flower chamber with the dimensions NEW dimensions above because i would flip it on its side. (but i would have to figure out where and what to build a veg chamber out of).
    [​IMG]
    so thats the cost part. will i be able to get a bigger yeild from the box, or the fridge? 
    Please somebody reply asap before i go and pick up the fridge in about six hours.

6. Have you thought about how you're going to cut ventilation holes in the fridge? It's meant to keep the cold in so it would get fucking hot.

7. why not just buy a grow tent?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. get the fridge, does it still work? if so it can cool things down for ya =)